Which out of the three would be better would you say ?

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
Hi ,so I have these three laptop options and my primary purpose is on heavy gaming but what confuses me is the Ryzen 7 5800h as compared to i5 11400h ,6core vs 8core as both have a 95w RTX 3060

But then there's a ryzen 5 5600h 6core option as well but I honestly don't know how the performance would change amongst the three paired with the aforementioned gpu

Acer Nitro 5 Ryzen 5 5600H - AN515-45-R3TC - $1260

Asus Tuf F15 i5 11400H - FX566HM-HN104T - $1206

Acer Nitro 5 Ryzen 7 5800H - AN515-45-R2GL - $1340

Besides different CPUs, there are other tid bits I'm sure that come into play affecting performance but I completely lack knowledge on the subject

So I would truly love to hear all the opinions as I don't want to make any mistakes before I go ahead and purchase anything, I would really appreciate any guidance please, thanks

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
First two just take me to general search pages, probably due to regions. Direct links to the item number is usually the way to do it.

Still, if they all have comparable GPUs and CPUs, then it comes down to storage, memory, screen, and cooling.

Higher resolution screen will mean less performance if you try to run games at that resolution.

Better cooling can improve performance more than anything else in a laptop.

More storage is obviously better, but they usually charge very high premiums in laptops. Consider a smaller SSD then add or upgrade it later.

Single channel memory is bad, so products that don't list if the memory is in a single stick or two is a good/bad thing. You can upgrade the memory (unless some or all is soldered to the board)

The Acer is heavier, which should mean better cooling or battery. Most comparisons I find show the Acer having worse battery performance, which means that weight went into cooling. Though these were top end models with big GPUs and high refresh rate displays. ASUS seems available in a 1440p 165hz panel and the Acer with a 1080p 240hz panel.

On the face, I would pick one of the Acer, but please come back with the exact models and prices.

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
First two just take me to general search pages, probably due to regions. Direct links to the item number is usually the way to do it.

Still, if they all have comparable GPUs and CPUs, then it comes down to storage, memory, screen, and cooling.

Higher resolution screen will mean less performance if you try to run games at that resolution.

Better cooling can improve performance more than anything else in a laptop.

More storage is obviously better, but they usually charge very high premiums in laptops. Consider a smaller SSD then add or upgrade it later.

Single channel memory is bad, so products that don't list if the memory is in a single stick or two is a good/bad thing. You can upgrade the memory (unless some or all is soldered to the board)

The Acer is heavier, which should mean better cooling or battery. Most comparisons I find show the Acer having worse battery performance, which means that weight went into cooling. Though these were top end models with big GPUs and high refresh rate displays. ASUS seems available in a 1440p 165hz panel and the Acer with a 1080p 240hz panel.

On the face, I would pick one of the Acer, but please come back with the exact models and prices.
Hi, thanks for you reply and my apologies for not including the exact models but please find them included in the original question and below as well please along with prices

Acer Nitro 5 Ryzen 7 5800H - AN515-45-R2GL - $1340

Asus Tuf F15 i5 11400H - FX566HM-HN104T - $1206

Acer Nitro 5 Ryzen 5 5600H - AN515-45-R3TC - $1260

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Looks like it is only $80 for the processor difference. Everything else is the same.

All three are 1080p 144hz panels. Looks like the same battery capacity.

About the same weight as well, which is contrary to what I found earlier. ASUS is slightly heavier. But not sure if that is package weight or weight of the product.

ASUS has a 512GB SSD vs the 256GB of the two Acers.