[SOLVED] which Windows (besides xp) is best for Pentium d 945

RealSmoke

Prominent
Jul 31, 2019
Hi i'm currently using a pentium 4 630 with windows 8.1 32 bit but will soon be upgrading to a pentium d 945 dual core cpu and my question is which windows is best for that cpu besides win xp? is windows 8.1 32 bit best choice or is 10 better? i also used win 7 64 bit on this pc but wanted to give win 8.1 a shot. Its running pretty well on the current cpu is 10 better or is 8.1 better?

Solution
Without anything running, it will only use <1GB. However, add an internet browser with a couple of tabs open, and programs you have installed that run on the background, and before you know it, 2GB is used up.

However, 3GB should be enough for Windows 10. Seeming as you can use the same key you used for 8.1 to activate 10, I'd say go for Windows 10.
Without anything running, it will only use <1GB. However, add an internet browser with a couple of tabs open, and programs you have installed that run on the background, and before you know it, 2GB is used up.

However, 3GB should be enough for Windows 10. Seeming as you can use the same key you used for 8.1 to activate 10, I'd say go for Windows 10.

Reactions: RealSmoke
Solution