Question White blocks appear and freezed

Apr 20, 2022
Hello,

Yesterday I started my pc and while logging in my monitor displayed weird white blocks over the screen and my pc freezed.
I cleaned my pc to have it dust free and did a clean windows install but that didn't make any diffrence.
When I start up the pc, I get no output from the gpu (I have an msi gtx 1070 aero) at all or I get this white blocks.

How can I fix this? Or is my gpu dead?

IMG_7308.jpg

Artifacts.. Signs of a dying GPU. You don't happen to have another working graphics cards lying around? If so, test that first.

To not part with just those words, I simply googled for "troubleshooting gpu artifacts" and stumbled upon this website. There's a video in the post that shows a monitor that shows the exact same problems. Check out the post here:

https://gpurepublic.com/how-to-fix-... to install,case that promotes better airflow.

Apr 20, 2022
Artifacts.. Signs of a dying GPU. You don't happen to have another working graphics cards lying around? If so, test that first.

To not part with just those words, I simply googled for "troubleshooting gpu artifacts" and stumbled upon this website. There's a video in the post that shows a monitor that shows the exact same problems. Check out the post here:

https://gpurepublic.com/how-to-fix-gpu-artifacting/#:~:text=Most Working Fixes for GPU Artifacting,-Here are some&text=One way is to lower,more stress on your GPU.&text=Another way is to install,case that promotes better airflow.

Thank you for your reply.

I have no other gpu laying around, but I can test this with my brothers gpu in the weekend so I will do that.
Thank you for that link, I have been googling but I coudn't find something with the same issue.

Good luck trying to solve this.

Other google results suggested that lowering performance doesn't yield any positive result.. I've also personally never heard about these cases ending well, unless they literally stick it in their oven for an hour. And that's usually a temporary solution too.

Apr 20, 2022
Good luck trying to solve this.

Other google results suggested that lowering performance doesn't yield any positive result.. I've also personally never heard about these cases ending well, unless they literally stick it in their oven for an hour. And that's usually a temporary solution too.

I have tried a couple things, but nothing worked.
In the device manager I found error code 43 what means that windows disabled that device, also monitoring programs like NZXT CAM don't show my gpu, only the Intel(R) HD Graphics 530.

I updated the bios, reinstalled drivers but it doesn't help.
Lowering voltage isn't possible because the card isn't detected and I putted new thermal paste on it yesterday, so I think the card died yesterday.

Eternalll

Commendable
Dec 17, 2021
I have tried a couple things, but nothing worked.
In the device manager I found error code 43 what means that windows disabled that device, also monitoring programs like NZXT CAM don't show my gpu, only the Intel(R) HD Graphics 530.

I updated the bios, reinstalled drivers but it doesn't help.
Lowering voltage isn't possible because the card isn't detected and I putted new thermal paste on it yesterday, so I think the card died yesterday.
There is one way to shock it back to life for a little while, if you can get your hands on a heat gun, just go around slowly overtop of the GPU (without cooler), this can soulder back together parts that have bad connectivity, if you can't find a heat gun use a hair dryer for a much longer time, and if you can't find a hair dryer you could take a shot at baking it;

1. Take off GPU Cooler
  2. Grab a cookie sheet
  3. Make stands under each corner with aluminum foil balls / cylinders / cubes
  4. Put the GPU in an Oven for around 10 Minutes on 250°
  5. Let the GPU Cool Down.
  6. Test.
If the GPU has the same artifacting{
  1. Repeat all steps one more time.
  2. If this doesn't work, try severely Underclocking (as much as you can)
3. If the problem persists, wait until you can somehow obtain a heat gun / hair dryer
}
If the GPU no longer works {
  1. Check to see if any spots look like they are missing metal.
  2. If you see any clear indications of metal missing or on the cookie sheet, you must have set the oven too high or baked for too long.
  3. Find a corner and let all the emotions go.
  4. Contemplate about the guy who suggested you bake it
  5. Obtain his IP address
  6. Find his house
  7. PUNISHMENT
wait..
}
But uhh yeah, either you can keep it going or this is it's last hurrah, I'd definitely try to find a new GPU before attempting to bake as it's always hit or miss.