[SOLVED] Why can't my PCI Wifi card see my own network but can see others nearby?

Akos__

Honorable
May 18, 2016
I bought an Asus PCE-N15 Wifi card for my gf's desktop pc, installed it, updated the driver and somehow it cannot see my own SSID but it can see like 15 others in the area. I separated my 2,4 and 5 GHz networks into two separate SSID-s since this card only works in 2,4 GHz range. I googled my problem and tried resetting network stack, reinstalling the driver both from windows recommended and the asus site, tried almost every trick Google offered me and yes, even restarted the router. Yet somehow it doesn't see my own WiFi. Can anyone please help me?

kanewolf

Titan
I bought an Asus PCE-N15 Wifi card for my gf's desktop pc, installed it, updated the driver and somehow it cannot see my own SSID but it can see like 15 others in the area. I separated my 2,4 and 5 GHz networks into two separate SSID-s since this card only works in 2,4 GHz range. I googled my problem and tried resetting network stack, reinstalling the driver both from windows recommended and the asus site, tried almost every trick Google offered me and yes, even restarted the router. Yet somehow it doesn't see my own WiFi. Can anyone please help me?
Basics -- any strange characters in the SSID? Using channel 13 ? Using 40Mhz channel width?

TRENDING THREADS