[SOLVED] Why did my CPU suddenly start performimg at 100%?

nikospc

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2013
i7-2600K@3.40 Ghz, 500 Gb SSD, 16 Gb ram,
Hi everyone, last week all of a sudden while playing roblox, CPU started to perform at 100%, and PC was struggling, lagging, delaying ,
Can anyone help and tell me why this started to happen all of a sudden, when i had no problems......?

Solution
Ghz doesnt drop
I recommend using HWINFO64 to log all system components. It can tell you usage and temps for almost everything in the system, and you can create CSV-files you can analyze in Excel or Open Office later. Memory use would be especially interesting here. Your issue sounds like something I had in a specific game (and only that one game) on my old computer. There, memory use went up to 16GB, or 100% capacity over a short period of time. It was most likely a bug in the game since others had the same problem as me and it went away after an update. But bug or no, it should definitely be checked.

KyaraM

Admirable
Ghz doesnt drop
I recommend using HWINFO64 to log all system components. It can tell you usage and temps for almost everything in the system, and you can create CSV-files you can analyze in Excel or Open Office later. Memory use would be especially interesting here. Your issue sounds like something I had in a specific game (and only that one game) on my old computer. There, memory use went up to 16GB, or 100% capacity over a short period of time. It was most likely a bug in the game since others had the same problem as me and it went away after an update. But bug or no, it should definitely be checked.

Solution

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
i7-2600K@3.40 Ghz, 500 Gb SSD, 16 Gb ram,
Hi everyone, last week all of a sudden while playing roblox, CPU started to perform at 100%, and PC was struggling, lagging, delaying ,
Can anyone help and tell me why this started to happen all of a sudden, when i had no problems......?

can you recall installing something? or changing something in your pc? before your cpu started going 100%