Question Why do i get an error for optane/RAID and can't access BIOS even after unplugging all the SATA devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paolitros

Prominent
May 7, 2018
CONTEXT:
So i built this PC for a friend last week, it has an ASUS B360M-A motherboard, an intel 9400F processor, one SATA3 2.5" SSD (new) and one SATA3 HDD (used). To be able to use the 9th gen processor, i used an 8th gen processor to install windows 10 in the SSD, and ASUS Ez update software to install the latest BIOS version avaiable for that motherboard downloaded from ASUS's official webpage. Then i swapped the processor to the 9400F, and my first boot after this, i got this screen:
American Megatrends logo
Hardware information (everything recognized well)
"Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting.
After setting up Intel(R) Optane Memory or the RAID configuration was built, SATA mode selection must be changed to RAID mode to avoid unknown issues.
Press F1 to Run SETUP"
Worth mentioning, the PC doesn't have an optane module installed.

And then i just pressed F1, got into the BIOS, didn't changed a thing and rebooted, the computer worked correctly this time, and for the next 6 days.

PROBLEM:
So today the computer booted to the same screen that i described above, but now pressing F1 doesn't take you to the BIOS, i did some troubleshooting but kept getting the same message, and then finally i figured i would unplug all SATA devices so i would at least stop getting the RAID error, but nothing, then i tried entering by pressing delete or F2 with the SATA devices plugged and unplugged, but i can't get to the BIOS or windows.
I need help to fix this please, my next move would be to re-update the BIOS using a pendrive, but if there's a better/easier way i would love to know (also, if i have to do it i will definitivley check the RAID configuration instead of just rebooting).

paolitros

Prominent
May 7, 2018
Try a BIOS reset first. Pull out the BIOS battery and push the power button on the case without the power plugged in. Put the BIOS battery back in and boot up the computer.
in the end the problems were that the cheap keyboard had broken (so that's why pressing f1 would't lead to BIOS) and that the SATA mode was preset to intel optane enhanced, so i ended up using another keyboard to get to the BIOS and change the configuration. Thanks anyways for the reply :).

Status
Not open for further replies.