May 14, 2021
I don't know why this happen, but my GPU usage doesn't go above 60% on GTA, and this hugely affects my performance. I am playing on a laptop, and while it's true that laptop GPU's are usually slower than its desktop version, but it still, it shouldn't go that low.
Here are my system specs:
GTX 1650, Ryzen 7 4800h, 8 GB RAM.

Also here are other things i tried:

I watched if my gpu drivers are updated
Verified if my fans are set on whisper mode and if everything is set on perofrmance
All my drivers are up to date
And it shouldn't be a Cpu bottleneck, because it never went above 50% (also its usage is at 20% when playing GTA V, but I get 40 -50 fps, verified on all settings)
I want to know what is the issue causing this and why does it do that? I just want that sweet 60 fps avg.

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
Did you check the temperatures?

Laptops tend to get on the hot side while gaming and CPU/GPU performance drops considerably (laptops have a more aggressive "throtle" profile) the hotter it gets.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
If your GPU usage is low then likely you are CPU bound.

what’s the CPU usage?

Laptop CPUs, particularly AMD tend to be much less powerful than their desktop counterparts.

GTA 5 is a poorly-optimised console port which needs a huge amount of CPU to run smoothly.

May 14, 2021
Did you check the temperatures?

Laptops tend to get on the hot side while gaming and CPU/GPU performance drops considerably (laptops have a more aggressive "throtle" profile) the hotter it gets.
Yes, it doesn't reach hot temperatures, the max temp i recorded was 70 degrees, and the cpu doesn't go above 78 in Gta high-very high settings

May 14, 2021
If your GPU usage is low then likely you are CPU bound.

what’s the CPU usage?

Laptop CPUs, particularly AMD tend to be much less powerful than their desktop counterparts.

GTA 5 is a poorly-optimised console port which needs a huge amount of CPU to run smoothly.
It's a high end mobile CPU, it's at the same level (if not faster) than i7 10750h. I saw some benchmarks and vids on yt, and i should have above 70 fps (same mobile gpu, and with a slower CPU) And minecraft with shaders did not pass 70%