[SOLVED] Why do most of my games keep crashing?

Oct 29, 2021
Hi!
I've got a question about some of the games installed on my PC. The games in question are Rust, Grand Theft Auto V and brawlhalla, all on steam, and Call of Duty warzone on battle.net. Rust and GTAV share a similar problem: I am able to start the game up, but the game crashes as soon as I join an online lobby. Brawlhalla and Warzone crash on startup. Rust, GTAV and brawlhalla crash without a report, warzone has a report about Directx encountering an unrecoverable error. Here's a list of things I've tried:
-verifying file integrity on the games, no files were missing
-clearing my steam download cache
-lowering graphics to the bare minimum before joining a lobby
-scanning for malware, no malware was found
-updating gpu drivers
-restarting my PC multiple times
-reinstalling the games
-changing power plan of my PC
None of these methods worked. I was able to play these games just a month ago, but all of a sudden they just stopped working. I am still able to play other steam games like CS:GO and TF2 as well as War Thunder for some reason. I am under spec for Rust, having only 8gb of RAM instead of the recommended 10gb, but once again, the game worked perfectly just a month ago.

My PC specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3350G
GPU: AMD RX570 8gb
RAM: DDR4 8gb 2666mhz (single channel)
Storage: 1x 240gb SSD & 1x 1TB external HDD

Could anyone please help me with my issue?

Solution
I don't know the brand and model of the PSU, all I know is that it's a 450w PSU. (Bought a pre-built PC). The PSU never failed me before so it shouldn't be a problem. The SSD has 10gb of free space left. The CPU and GPU usage is about 30% for each game (70% on warzone) because the furthest I get is the menu. temperatures are low too because of the same reason.

Literally everything that ever exists hasn't had a problem before it has its first problem. And in the case of a PSU, it's likely had a lot of problems, long before you actually observe a problem. If you eat a pound of bacon for every meal, your heart will have problems long before you actually have symptoms.
Oct 29, 2021
brand and model of the psu?
how full is the ssd?
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
I don't know the brand and model of the PSU, all I know is that it's a 450w PSU. (Bought a pre-built PC). The PSU never failed me before so it shouldn't be a problem. The SSD has 10gb of free space left. The CPU and GPU usage is about 30% for each game (70% on warzone) because the furthest I get is the menu. temperatures are low too because of the same reason.

Ralston18

Titan
Seconding @rgd1101 in the preceding post (#4).

PSU's degrade over time and have a designed in EOL (End of life) that is not a matter of calendar time. All too common that the early stages of PSU failure include unexplained crashes and other problems. Especially at time of peak power demands as during game play.

= = = =

And I will add the suggestion to look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that immediately precede or corresponds with the crash times.

You might discover a pattern of increasing errors - both in number and type.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Literally everything that ever exists hasn't had a problem before it has its first problem. And in the case of a PSU, it's likely had a lot of problems, long before you actually observe a problem. If you eat a pound of bacon for every meal, your heart will have problems long before you actually have symptoms.

Solution