[SOLVED] Why does my CPU fan turn off randomly when playing a big game

Jun 28, 2019
Hello, this is very scary. I play Minecraft, cpu fan runs good, cpu temp is all good, I go play Forza Horizon 4 and then for some reason I find out one (1) of my CPU fan turned off, and that my CPU was running at 90 degrees C . This is gonna fry my PC and I don't want this to happen!
Take note : My CPU is a i5 3570k and it's overclocked to 4.5 ghz. It turboes up to 6GHz. It's constantly (sometimes isn't) at 100% usage. Is it a CPU fan connecting problem? Cable not connected well ? I also noticed that it was running a little slower from time to time.

It turboes up to 6GHz are sure about this.. with an air cooler? FH4 on i5 3570K will not get you the best and the smoothest experience because of only having 4 Cores without Hyperthreading. And for the CPU Fan i'm not so sure yet but can i have the motherboard model name? It will be helpful if you can provide a full set of details of each components including PSU,RAM and Cooler information.

Jun 28, 2019
It turboes up to 6GHz are sure about this.. with an air cooler? FH4 on i5 3570K will not get you the best and the smoothest experience because of only having 4 Cores without Hyperthreading. And for the CPU Fan i'm not so sure yet but can i have the motherboard model name? It will be helpful if you can provide a full set of details of each components including PSU,RAM and Cooler information.
Yep, it goes to 5.94 GHz. (6) Air cooler! And surprisingly, I get good fps on high-ultra! (non extreme)

Motherboard is : Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z77X-UD5H (Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz) (task manager says 5.94)

Ram : 16GB of ddr3, 8gb ripjaw, 8gb corsair vengance. DRAM Frequency 800.1 MHz (taken from Speccy software)

PSU : 750 w EVGA

Cpu cooler, it's a cooler master i don't know the model with Cougar fans