Aug 22, 2019
I am currently using a Killer 1635 wireless wifi card on my dell xps 15 7590. The problem is that when i am on my 5GHZ or 2.4 GHz wifi, the wifi tends to disconnect often. When the wifi disconnects i am still able to see my available wifi, lets just call it house_5G. Once disconnected if i try to connect right away it says i am unable to connect to the wifi so i have to wait around 30 seconds before i am able to connect again. Also i know this is not a hardware issue because i actually just got a replacement for my laptop and i kept them both for a bit before i sent one back, it is not a hardware issue because i noticed that both laptops decided to disconnect to the same wifi at the same time, on one laptop i wasnt doing and thing and the other laptop i was watching youtube. All help is welcome :)

I'd be looking at the modem/router being a possible suspect.

WiFi disconnects (on every device) became such a regular occurrence in my house that I was beginning to question my sanity. I spent twice as much on a high-quality, wall-mountable Billion router to replace the useless Netgear one and I've had no WiFi problems since.

Reactions: ahmedishabibi
Aug 22, 2019
I'd be looking at the modem/router being a possible suspect.

WiFi disconnects (on every device) became such a regular occurrence in my house that I was beginning to question my sanity. I spent twice as much on a high-quality, wall-mountable Billion router to replace the useless Netgear one and I've had no WiFi problems since.
Hey thanks for the reply. But what should i be looking at specifically when checking out the router because as of rightnow i have a macbook which also runs on the 5ghz internet aswell as my old laptop which also ran on 5ghz yet nothing like this happened to those laptops even till this date. And i find it quite odd that both of my current laptops disconnect at the EXACT same time, like there isnt even a second difference.