Why does my screen scroll down in windows vista

darrin q

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
I HAVE A DELL LAPTOP WITH THAT HAS WINDOWS VISTA. I'VE DONE VIRUS/ANTISPYWARE SCANS ON IT YET, I NOTICE THAT MY SCREEN SUDDENLY SCROLLS DOWN REPEATEDLY WHILE IN AN EXCEL OR WORD DOCUMENT, AS WELL AS SURFING THE INTERNET USING INTERNET EXPLORER?? COULD THERE BE A VIRUS OR EVEN SPYWARE THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN OVERLOOKED. FOR MY ANTIVIRUS, I USE THE FREE VERSION OF AVG 9.0 AS WELL AS WINDOWS DEFENDER. PLEASE NOTE: BOTH PROGRAMS ARE CURRENTLY UP TO DATE. BOTH PROGRAMS HAVE RAN AND I FOUND 5 VIRUSES AND DELETED ALL FROM MY VIRUS VAULT AND RESCAN IT. YET THE SAME PROBLEM OCCURS. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN ASSIST ME WITH THIS.. THANK U! :)

hd86star

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010

I AVE BEEN HAVING TIS VERY SAME PROBLEM> LIKE U I HAVE A DELL AND AM UNNING VISTA> WOULD LOVE TO GET A SOLUTION TO TIS AS WELL

verbalizer

Distinguished
what is the resolution you have the unit set to display.?
what is the recommended resolution that the unit is set to run at.?
have you had the unit connected to outside monitor or projection recently.?
usually the display settings auto-detect external monitor or other display and adjust,
you might have to go back into display settings and reconfigure back to laptop settings.
are your excel, word and internet browser set to maximum or you can manipulated it for adjustments.?

Also - Do you have a joystick or other input device plugged in that might be sending keystrokes to the software causing the scrolling ( might be the joystick is not in the centered position so is telling the program to scroll)