[SOLVED] Why is it still so hot?

Aug 12, 2020
So I have a PC with a closed loop cooling system that has 2 fans plus an additional 3 fans, so 5 in total, but the PC kept on getting above 90 degrees celsius so I cleaned it, but its still reaching temperatures that high, what may be the problem with my PC? (This is Idle)
DRbdEn.png

75 idle ? Its quite spreaded but it looks like loop is not working? how fast it reaches 90 when you do load it?
that's either air in loop or dead pump I think.
and it was 90'C as that is highest this cpu will go.

check task manager for throttling, I think you played without cooling.

Aug 12, 2020
He
Check the Pump first, and check if there is any leak, or pumping issues are there, Because even the radiator might be problematic
Hello, sorry I am not really well-versed on computer hardware, mainly because I mainly play games, and only know the bare minimum on how to make it run, so if you could guide me to the process it would be much appreciated!

Aug 12, 2020
75 idle ? Its quite spreaded but it looks like loop is not working? how fast it reaches 90 when you do load it?
that's either air in loop or dead pump I think.
and it was 90'C as that is highest this cpu will go.

check task manager for throttling, I think you played without cooling.
The temperature reaches 90 fast when I play games, even if the game is just Company of Heroes 2, and the temperature reaches up to 100 degrees celsius even though I only used it for a few hours, and so I dismantle the case and put it close to my fan to try to cool it off, the case is cool and the inside of the PC is not hot but gets warmer the closer you get to the place cooler and the place where the thermal paste is applied
JF9npR.png

Last edited:
The Core i5 7500 can be cooled with a normal fan without issues. Using a 240mm AIO should give you really awesome load temps.

This is probably either a pump problem/malfunction/not working at all, cables plugged in the wrong motherboard conector, and/or cables not connected at all, etc.
Sometimes people forget to remove the protective sticker from the pump copper plate.
Other times they forget to connect the SATA cable.

Check this installation guide:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGi-hTkRy00

You should really take a closed look to all your cables conections, then when you are 100% sure all the cabels are right, put your hand over the pump and try to feel if its working.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Aug 12, 2020
The Core i5 7500 can be cooled with a normal fan without issues. Using a 240mm AIO should give you really awesome load temps.

This is probably either a pump problem/malfunction/not working at all, cables plugged in the wrong motherboard conector, and/or cables not connected at all, etc.
Sometimes people forget to remove the protective sticker from the pump copper plate.

You should really take a closed look to all your cables conections, then when you are 100% sure all the cabels are right, put your hand over the pump and try to feel if its working.
Thanks!

Reactions: RodroX
Aug 12, 2020

I don't know how to determine if its working or not but the fans connected to it are running and the tubes hum a bit when I touch it.
pmUyB5Ddj

Sadly with that pic is too hard to see the cables, there too much RGB and too little real light.

The fact that the fans are working is important, but is also very important to find out if the pump is working.

Get a good light over the Case and check if the POWER cables shown in the video I linked are all plugged (according to the video you have two way of powering the pump, use a sata cable, or use the CPU_Opt pins on the mobo).

Also whats your motherboard brand and model?

Aug 12, 2020
Sadly with that pic is too hard to see the cables, there too much RGB and too little real light.

The fact that the fans are working is important, but is also very important to find out if the pump is working.

Get a good light over the Case and check if the POWER cables shown in the video I linked are all plugged (according to the video you have two way of powering the pump, use a sata cable, or use the CPU_Opt pins on the mobo).

Also whats your motherboard brand and model?
It's a B250N Phoenix WIFI-CF

Far as I could check on the motherboards manual, that mobo does not have a CPU_OPT fan, so you wont find it on it.
It only comes with 1x CPU_FAN and 2 x CHA_FAN (Chassis/Case fans).

Is up to you if you can find if the pump is conected to the Sata cable or one of the Chasis Fans.

And to try to feel if the pump is acutally working.

Im guessing you didn't put the system togheter right ?

Was this something you bought from a local shop/internet?

Od did you ask someone to make an AIO upgrade (from an old stock cooler) ?

Reactions: CompuTronix
Aug 12, 2020
Far as I could check on the motherboards manual, that mobo does not have a CPU_OPT fan, so you wont find it on it.

Is up to you if you can find if the pump is conected to the Sata cable or one of the Chasis Fans.

I bought second-hand from someone in my area, which at that time was working fine, I think I fixed it a little bit, I think that I switched up the connections to the cooler to another port, so I can use it to play for an hour before it starts to get low FPS, after that I checked my BIOS and it says that my CPU fans have 0 RPM and the liquid cooler is not pumping as it's said in the BIOS so I put my fans on full speed, the fans connected to the part of the closed loop cooler is running, but it says in the BIOS that it has 0 RPM, so I am a little confused, also it says on some of the answers on different threads that you should listen to the tube for proof that the pump is working but so far I only feel vibrations which may be attributed to the fans in my PC, the temp is still at 70+ degrees celsius on idle and it still reaches 100 degrees when I play a game.
I also checked my thermal paste and it seems that I need to change it because there are sign of drying.
Thanks for your help RodroX!

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2020

I also applied new thermal paste, but it is still hot.