sunneyredgames

Honorable
Oct 21, 2017
I built my computer a little while ago and everything was amazing. It was eating frames like a boss for nearly every game. Over the course of its life, I have consistently cleaned and upgraded my components to better fit the increasingly demanding games that each year brings. Recently I wanted to get into games like Death Stranding and a few other demanding titles and one of the first things that happened in-game was a crash. That crash was followed by another crash after after letting me progress a little further into the game and it keeps doing that over and over letting me progress further and further but still crashing consistently. I quit that game and chalked it up to game bugs after going through every fix I could find on Reddit. This week I opened my freshly installed Marvel Avengers and right after the intro cutscene boom I crashed. And not just a normal crash my whole computer locked up forcing me to restart. This annoyed me but I tried again and got about 20 minutes in then I crashed again. It still does it all the time letting me get further and further but regardless of whether I'm solo or in a mission with other players I still crash. I'm at a loss for words at this point I don't know what to do to fix the problems that are increasingly evident. I love computer gaming and I'm happy I made the switch to pc but man this makes me just sad and it never happened to me on the console. And when I'm playing a game with a controller the latency would go from near-instant response time to me walking in one direction waiting for the controller to reconnect. I've tried multiple controllers and the phenomenon is mirrored by my headphones as well.

Side notes

- I play Avengers on the max settings with the exception of HBAO and AMD Fidelity
-Graphics card is less than a month old
-Psu is less than a month old
- All drivers are up to date and checked on a weekly basis
-All windows updates are installed

Specs

Cpu - Ryzen 7 1800x

Gpu - Rx 5700 xt

Memory - 16 gb DDR4

Storage - 3 TB HDD

- 256 GB SSD

Psu - GAMEMAX 600W Semi Modular 80+ Bronze

Mobo - Asus Crosshair Vi Hero

Wifi/Bluetooth - AC1200 Wifi Bluetooth 4.2 PCIe Adapter

Edit - Even an easy to run game like Henry Stickmin is crashing consistently

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
600W is the wattage of the unit and bronze is the 80+ rating of the unit, it does not tell us the make and model of the unit and it's reliability. Include the make and model of the unit. Care to elaborate on what you mean by crash...? Also, where did you source the games from? Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

sunneyredgames

Honorable
Oct 21, 2017
600W is the wattage of the unit and bronze is the 80+ rating of the unit, it does not tell us the make and model of the unit and it's reliability. Include the make and model of the unit. Care to elaborate on what you mean by crash...? Also, where did you source the games from? Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

Yeah I should have included it originally but the PSU is a GAMEMAX 600W Semi Modular 80+ Bronze.

I can be playing with buttery smooth frames then the image would freeze on my monitor and my controls become unresponsive even when I press Alt-f4 and Ctrl-Alt-Delete and the last 1-2 seconds of audio loops continuously. That's the best I can put it. Only twice I got a pop up with information the other crashed were as described but the error I got those two times was "Exception Access Violation "

All games are either from steam or the epic games store

My bios version is 7901

sunneyredgames

Honorable
Oct 21, 2017
I built my computer a little while ago and everything was amazing. It was eating frames like a boss for nearly every game. Over the course of its life, I have consistently cleaned and upgraded my components to better fit the increasingly demanding games that each year brings. Recently I wanted to get into games like Death Stranding and a few other demanding titles and one of the first things that happened in-game was a crash. That crash was followed by another crash after letting me progress a little further into the game and it keeps doing that over and over letting me progress further and further but still crashing consistently. I quit that game and chalked it up to game bugs after going through every fix I could find on Reddit. This week I opened my freshly installed Marvel Avengers and right after the intro cutscene boom I crashed. And not just a normal crash my whole computer locked up forcing me to restart. This annoyed me but I tried again and got about 20 minutes in then I crashed again. It still does it all the time letting me get further and further but regardless of whether I'm solo or in a mission with other players I still crash. I'm at a loss for words at this point I don't know what to do to fix the problems that are increasingly evident. I love computer gaming and I'm happy I made the switch to pc but man this makes me just sad and it never happened to me on the console. And when I'm playing a game with a controller the latency would go from near-instant response time to me walking in one direction waiting for the controller to reconnect. I've tried multiple controllers and the phenomenon is mirrored by my headphones as well. It makes playing games with friends nearly impossible unless I have the controllers wired which defeats the purpose of buying the Bluetooth adapter in the first place.

Side notes

- I play Avengers on the max settings with the exception of HBAO and AMD Fidelity
-The Graphics card is less than a month old
-PSU is less than a month old
- All drivers are up to date and checked on a weekly basis
-All windows updates are installed

Specs

Cpu - Ryzen 7 1800x

Gpu - Rx 5700 xt

Memory - 16 gb DDR4

Storage - 3 TB HDD

- 256 GB SSD

Psu - GAMEMAX 600W Semi Modular 80+ Bronze

Mobo - Asus Crosshair Vi Hero