Question Why is my CPU overheating to temps of 95-100C ?

Apr 23, 2023
i built a pc myself, almost 3 years ago. Recently 1-2 months back i started noticing my fps dropping suddenly in basic games such as league of legends. I started monitoring my temperatures and realized my cpu is is reaching excessively high temperatures and acted upon it. During the past 1-2 months , I’ve tried reapplying thermal paste, cleaning out my filter and it’s radiator fan, and even using throttle stop to reduce the boost or slightly under volt my cpu. I applied these fixes one after another and despite seeing results and my temperature reducing, it would start overheating again after just a week or a few days deeming all the fixes ultimately useless. I’m out of ideas and don’t know what to do. My cpu is intel i9-10900f and my cpu Cooler is a nzxt kraken M22 120mm. My gpu temperature are just fine and everything else seems to work fine. Just my cpu is on fire😵‍💫.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You know AIO/CLCs inevitably fail, right?
If the pump doesn't fail on its own, organic buildup and galvanic corrosion will do the cooler in.
Time for a new cooler.

When you took the cooler out and tried to fix it, you likely loosened up whatever material is straining the loop. In time, it'll collect somewhere in the loop, bringing it all back to square one.

realized my cpu is is reaching excessively high temperatures and acted upon it.
My cpu is intel i9 10900f and my cpu Cooler is a nzxt kraken M22 120mm.
Replace the cooler.
1st - it is most likely broken. Either dead pump or clogged cpu block.
2nd - it is not adequate for your high power cpu. 120mm radiator is simply not enough. You need a cooler with minimum 240mm radiator or a high end air cooler.

Apr 23, 2023
Replace the cooler.
1st - it is most likely broken. Either dead pump or clogged cpu block.
2nd - it is not adequate for your high power cpu. 120mm radiator is simply not enough. You need a cooler with minimum 240mm radiator or a high end air cooler.
Update, thanks alot for suggesting this, i instantly bought a new cooler from noctua , installed it and now PC Temps are not even increasing above 45 Degrees celsius , thank you so much!

Apr 23, 2023
You know AIO/CLCs inevitably fail, right?
If the pump doesn't fail on its own, organic buildup and galvanic corrosion will do the cooler in.
Time for a new cooler.

When you took the cooler out and tried to fix it, you likely loosened up whatever material is straining the loop. In time, it'll collect somewhere in the loop, bringing it all back to square one.
This worked, thanks alot! i just couldn't believe my AIO would fail this early, the new cooler works amazingly well