Question Why is my GPU load so high and I am getting low frames?

Jun 6, 2024
Hi
I have a 3060 and it has been running fine for the past couple months since I built my PC. I recently downloaded the new driver update .555 or something like that and my gpu load has spiked. When I load into a game like valorant my load is always at 100% when it used to be 50-60. I also lost a bout a hundred frames. The same thing happens in cod and I lost many frames in that as well. I did everything I could find online. I wiped my nvidia software and reinstalled them. I rolled back to older drivers. I updated my drivers again. The option in the graphics setting thay everyone says to have off was already off so that didn’t help. Someone tell me what to do I went through so many forums and videos and nothing worked.

I recently downloaded the new driver update .555 or something like that
Well, if that's the only thing you changed...change it back.
You could first check if the new driver changed the settings, I mean it sounds a lot like you had lower settings before and now it changed to ultra or something.

If you want better help then at least run msi afterburner with the game and show GPU clocks, GPU usage, GPU vram, GPU temps, GPU power.
Upload a few pictures to something like imgurl or even better if you can make a small video or something.