Question Why is my laptop constantly running in turbo boost?

wadelz

Prominent
Oct 8, 2018
I don't know if its normal for my cpu on my laptop to constantly be running in turbo boost. I have a new HP OMEN 15-dh0012ni. Had issues after a driver update which caused my gpu to be undetectable and had to reinstall cpu drivers as it was caused by a PCIe driver not functioning properly. CPU temperatures and fan speeds have been acting up (getting really hot with around 11% cpu usage then fans go crazy the temp drops) as well as its always running at around 4 GHz on my i7-9750H which has a base speed of 2.60 GHz. Any insight on this?

StarshipJake

Reputable
Sep 3, 2016
I had a fairly similar problem, maybe this will be useful. Check the minimum CPU state in your current power plan settings. If the minimum state is unreasonably high, over 50% (whether the laptop is charging or not), try lowering it to ~10%.

wadelz

Prominent
Oct 8, 2018
I had a fairly similar problem, maybe this will be useful. Check the minimum CPU state in your current power plan settings. If the minimum state is unreasonably high, over 50% (whether the laptop is charging or not), try lowering it to ~10%.
Thanks for the reply just had a look at it now and it seems that it is on 5%.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS