[SOLVED] Why my keyboard keeps "repeating" when i move in games?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2019
Hello guys.

I have a little problem with my keyboard. (Genesis Rhod 600) Yesterday i saw, my keyboard keeps repeating the pushed down key. Ex: If i want to move forward in GTAV goes laggy, like if is push the "W" x times. But if i press "W" than a second button (space, backspace, enter...) keeps going like normal..

I have an option on my keyboard that allow me to switch between WASD and Arrows. I tried. It's the same problem.

I tried some possibities from net. I switched the USB, i tried to change the repeat rate.. But nothing happened.

(Sry for my horrible eng.! )

Ralston18

Titan
What about the other settings and options? Are those options as you would expect or require?

That said, have you tried another known working keyboard on your computer? Have you tried the Genesis keyboard on another known working computer?

Determine if the problem follows the keyboard or stays with your computer.

Oct 26, 2019
What about the other settings and options? Are those options as you would expect or require?

That said, have you tried another known working keyboard on your computer? Have you tried the Genesis keyboard on another known working computer?

Determine if the problem follows the keyboard or stays with your computer.
I tried with different keyboard and is the same issue. :( I connected the Genesis to my laptop and works like new.

Ralston18

Titan
Problem staying with the computer....

Open Task Manager and take a look at everything being launched in startup. Investigate anything that you do not recognize or expect to see. No need to immediately do anything or react. Just gather information.

Likewise take a look at everything that is running. Same process: look and identify.

And narrow down the affected apps: just GTAV or one or more other games? Any games without the problem?

Oct 26, 2019
Problem staying with the computer....

Open Task Manager and take a look at everything being launched in startup. Investigate anything that you do not recognize or expect to see. No need to immediately do anything or react. Just gather information.

Likewise take a look at everything that is running. Same process: look and identify.

And narrow down the affected apps: just GTAV or one or more other games? Any games without the problem?
My problem keeps going everywhere.. :D

Ralston18

Titan
If the Genesis keyboard works on another computer without problems then the keyboard is functionally okay.

Try uninstalling the Genesis keyboard drivers. Use another basic USB keyboard (or two) using just the built-in Windows drivers. Determine if those keyboards work.

If so, then go Genesis' website to download, reinstall, and reconfigure new Genesis drivers.

Installation Guide:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1501082/Genesis-Rhod-600-Rgb.html?page=2#manual

Oct 26, 2019
If the Genesis keyboard works on another computer without problems then the keyboard is functionally okay.

Try uninstalling the Genesis keyboard drivers. Use another basic USB keyboard (or two) using just the built-in Windows drivers. Determine if those keyboards work.

If so, then go Genesis' website to download, reinstall, and reconfigure new Genesis drivers.

Installation Guide:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1501082/Genesis-Rhod-600-Rgb.html?page=2#manual
So, i tried all things i can do. I tried with 2 keyboard and it's the same on all 2. :( I will format my hdd and i will put a new win. on it.

Oct 26, 2019
Before you format the HDD there are other things you can do:

Try running the Windows built-in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Likewise give "sfc /scannow" a try. That may find and resolve a file corruption problem.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161
Now i scan it. But i don't know, what the heck can ruin my system like that.. When one key is pressed (continuously) they keep repeating this proces like i hit the button 100 times in row.. When i press another one keeps going like normal. :D I never seen this before.

Oct 26, 2019
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Oct 26, 2019
Okay - you ran "sfc /scannow" - correct?

Did you run the troubleshooters?

What key or keys are repeating?

Have you loaded or configured any custom key settings for the games you play?
Only the key i hold down is still repeating while holding down. But when i hold down ex: W than D works gently at time i keep holding down the W..

Ralston18

Titan
If I hold down "w" I get wwwwwwwwwwwwwww

If I hold down "d" I get dddddddddddddddd

If I hold down "w" and while holding "w" down I then press and hold "d" I get
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

with just a brief pause during the transition from "w" to"d".

Let's go back a step:

Try "WIN" + "I" > Ease of Access > Keyboard

Make a note of the options available and the current settings.

Turn all options off. Test the keyboard.

If okay then try the options one by one until the behavior returns.

Oct 26, 2019
If I hold down "w" I get wwwwwwwwwwwwwww

If I hold down "d" I get dddddddddddddddd

If I hold down "w" and while holding "w" down I then press and hold "d" I get
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

with just a brief pause during the transition from "w" to"d".

Let's go back a step:

Try "WIN" + "I" > Ease of Access > Keyboard

Make a note of the options available and the current settings.

Turn all options off. Test the keyboard.

If okay then try the options one by one until the behavior returns.
Ive tried all. ON / OFF .. But the problem stays. :/

Oct 26, 2019
So. Finally i got the source of problem. Somehow i activated some macro who sets the button repeat time. (FN + Q) I didn't found anything like that on manual, so i contacted the support of Genesis! Thank for ur help too! :) Have a fantastic day!

Status
Not open for further replies.