dracosmetro7

Reputable
Sep 28, 2017
I just got a new set of fans from Amazon, brand new, and installed them in my case. It's a 3-pack - Cooler Master Masterfan 120mm https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Maste...n+Pro+120&qid=1617330000&s=electronics&sr=1-1

I plugged 2 of them into the controller, and connected my two 200m front intakes into the controller to take up the last slot, so i just plugged the last one into my motherboard. Nothing should be wrong, but this happens:
20210401_211854.jpg

I have everything set to a RED color, but this thing is green. When i remove the saturation, it just becomes a Pale Yellow. When i select a GREENish color it shows up RED or PURPLE-ish instead. I had another Fan installed in this that was off-color from what it's supposed to be, as well that was plugged in into the same slot, but it was never too far off. It was always very if not exactly close to being the color I wanted. Removing the saturation only made it look purple-ish white, but it still looked mostly white as would be expected.

Im not sure yet if it's the, or the header ow that's causing a problem. The last fan that was connected to it is also the same kind of fan, but i bought it Singular. It was connected to the RGB header with the two 200mm front intake fans via a Cable Splitter that came with my case. I'm only using it to power the one fan's RGB now, so i don't know what the problem is.

I confirmed that it was connected to the Header properly, as well as the cables were linked properly. I'm going to do more checking while I wait, but does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Solution
On EVERY RGB lighting cable female connector ONE end is marked with a symbol to indicate that this END hole is the one for the 12 VDC power line. On EVERY male (with pins) output connector there should be a label, likewise, of the END pin that is the 12 VDC line. These MUST be matched up at EVERY place you plug something in.

dracosmetro7

Reputable
Sep 28, 2017
The obvious thing to do is swap that fan with one of the other fans and see if the problem fan moves.
I tried swapping the cable with another and it worked, so I decided to check the initial plug again, and rotated it so that the arrow on the Plug was pointed over the other side of the header, and that seemed to work.... but now weirdly enough, my cpu color's rgb seems to be The issue now with being the wrong colors. And I didn't even toucht that.

20210401_224757.jpg

20210401_224801.jpg

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
On EVERY RGB lighting cable female connector ONE end is marked with a symbol to indicate that this END hole is the one for the 12 VDC power line. On EVERY male (with pins) output connector there should be a label, likewise, of the END pin that is the 12 VDC line. These MUST be matched up at EVERY place you plug something in.

Solution