[SOLVED] Why my wifi6e router is having a slow connection

amirthefalcon

Prominent
Sep 20, 2020
Hi everyone
I recently bought a wifi 6e 5ghz router to improve my local file transfer speed.
i have 2 pcs and i usually move big file's between those systems
in windows local network discovery file transfer i only get speed of 17 megabytes per seconds which is pretty disappointing for the money i paid for
i heard wifi 6e can get speed of 300 megabits
i mean both of my pcs are wifi6e certified why i can't a good speed???

Solution
I have not seen a lot of reports on wifi6e in actual houses.

Like normal wifi6 you should be able to get much higher than 300mbits. People can commonly get thatt on 802.11ac. You see many reports of 600mbps on normal wifi6.

Wifi6e runs on 6g not 5g. It can run on 5g but has the same limitations of wifi6. This is the key difference between wifi6 and wifi6e.

You might have to force things to get it to run on certain bands. For best results you need to get it to run 160mhz wide channels. That is the main feature that lets wifi6/wifi6e get more than the 300mbps 802.11ac does. Unlike normal wifi6 there are many 160mhz bands with no restrictions related to weather radar.

amirthefalcon

Prominent
Sep 20, 2020
Hi everyone
I recently bought a wifi 6e 5ghz router to improve my local file transfer speed.
i have 2 pcs and i usually move big file's between those systems
in windows local network discovery file transfer i only get speed of 17 megabytes per seconds which is pretty disappointing for the money i paid for
i heard wifi 6e can get speed of 300 megabits
i mean both of my pcs are wifi6e certified why i can't a good speed???

I have not seen a lot of reports on wifi6e in actual houses.

Like normal wifi6 you should be able to get much higher than 300mbits. People can commonly get thatt on 802.11ac. You see many reports of 600mbps on normal wifi6.

Wifi6e runs on 6g not 5g. It can run on 5g but has the same limitations of wifi6. This is the key difference between wifi6 and wifi6e.

You might have to force things to get it to run on certain bands. For best results you need to get it to run 160mhz wide channels. That is the main feature that lets wifi6/wifi6e get more than the 300mbps 802.11ac does. Unlike normal wifi6 there are many 160mhz bands with no restrictions related to weather radar.

Solution