Question Wi-Fi - Chromecast/Android TV

Sep 14, 2024
Hello Everyone: I hope this is the right place for this question.

I am trying to correct an issue with using the built-in Chromecast on a Sony TV (Android 10). Sometimes I am able to cast from a Pixel 3XL (Android 12) t the TV, and sometimes it will not cast or mirror the screen. But in both cases, the Cast icon on the phone is either orange or red.

The TV and the Pixel phone are both on the same Wi-Fi network, and one of the things that troubleshooting guides frequently mention is: If your network has multiple bands (like 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), make sure both devices are on the same band. I have looked at the modem and I can see it is set to 2.4GHZ, and I can see the same (2.4GHz) on the Pixel Wi-Fi setting, but I cannot find anywhere on the Sony TV where I can see or change this setting.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Cheers,
Tony N.

Jul 10, 2024
The sony tv will have a network/internet section in settings. Whatever the modem wifi is set to as in 2.4 or 5ghz will apply to your preferred network. Turn off and delete all wifi connections on your external devices but leave the modem as is. Re-boot the modem and then connect to the correct network on each device and see how you go. Cheers.