Question Wich UPS should I buy? APC vs Eaton .

Hyedwtditpm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2014
My APC 800va BackUps started to throw weird errors.
So I'm about to buy a new UPS .

I have two possible candidates.
Eaton 5E 850i 850VA Line Interactive
APC Back-UPS Pro BR900G 900VA

I checked the bigger Eaton 1100VA but it has an always on fan , so it was no go.

The thing is , APC costs almost four times of Eaton and I'm not sure what the important difference is.
under heaviest load my computer seems to draw about 350W at most. So both are enough. But is Eaton compatible with Apfc PSUs? There is no information on their site.
Voltage regulation of my APC seems to be always on spot , what ever the input voltage is output is always 230V. From my previous experiences with different brands some had step boost with resulted with fluctacted output voltages. Can't find information about Eaton.

So, does anyone has any experience with Eaton 5E 850i? Which one would you prefer? is APC worth the four times cost?

my computer
intel 4770k
Amd R290
27' Asus gaming monitor
750W Seasonic X-Series PSU

The biggest difference may be in the quality of the batteries used, because both APC and Eaton are quality manufacturers.

Also potentially whether each unit uses a simulated sine wave or a pure sine wave form, which can be an issue with some power supplies.

Well, I can't tell you for sure that one is better than the other, and you might want to look at what the cost of replacement batteries for both those units is because it might be a factor in the long term expenditure considerations.

APC is a known quality manufacturer though. To be honest, I like Tripp Lite better myself.