Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob Harris12

Commendable
Jan 7, 2021
I have just built a new computer. I got a new motherboard, CPU and case. Every other part I reused from my old PC. When I first started my PC the WiFi worked fine but once I restarted it gave me the Error Code 12 on the driver. I had my m.2 in the second slot and then moved it to the first slot and gave me the Error Code 10, couldn't start the device. I have tried a fresh install of windows, changed which slot the card and SSD are in, and bought a new WiFi card that uses a different driver. I am out of ideas. After seeing no results with fresh windows it leads me to believe it is something with the motherboard, but I have no idea what. Also after installing the new WiFi card I started to have more problems with windows crashing on start. But it seems if I move the SSD to the first slot the crashes are less often but I can't get the card to work at all. When I have the SSD on the second slot the WiFi works after crashing windows multiple times to achieve that.
Motherboard: Asus B550-f Gaming
CPU: Ryzen 7 3800xt
GPU: Nvidia 1050ti
SSD: WD Black SN750
Original Wifi Card: TP-Link T6E
New Wifi Card: TP-Link TX50E
500W Power Supply

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
500W is the wattage, what is the make and model of your PSU? You might also want to state if you reinstalled your OS after migrating the drive to your new system. What BIOS version are you on at the moment? You might want to also see what OS version you're on at the time of writing.

Jacob Harris12

Commendable
Jan 7, 2021
500W is the wattage, what is the make and model of your PSU? You might also want to state if you reinstalled your OS after migrating the drive to your new system. What BIOS version are you on at the moment? You might want to also see what OS version you're on at the time of writing.
Corrrection it's a Antec 550W ATX12V V2.3. Also yes I did reinstall windows when it was on the new system. Bios version is 0316, and Windows Version is 20H2 Build 19042.685.

Status
Not open for further replies.