Question Wifi PCe Upgrade

Wedod2

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
I currently have Rosewill RNX-N150PCe v2 installed, but it is throttling my internet speeds.

I want to upgrade, and have selected Intel 7260HMW AC. It is dual band so I should get plenty of speed.

Is this a good upgrade? If not, which part would serve better? If so, how do I install the Intel card, as it has different connectors than the Rosewill card (I am a novice when it comes to PC building).

Thanks!

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
I currently have Rosewill RNX-N150PCe v2 installed, but it is throttling my internet speeds.

I want to upgrade, and have selected Intel 7260HMW AC. It is dual band so I should get plenty of speed.

Is this a good upgrade? If not, which part would serve better? If so, how do I install the Intel card, as it has different connectors than the Rosewill card (I am a novice when it comes to PC building).

Thanks!

You cannot use that Intel WiFi adapter it is specifically for Laptops.

You need a PCIe wifi Adapter not Mini PCI. Whats your budget and what router are you using?

Wedod2

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
You cannot use that Intel WiFi adapter it is specifically for Laptops.

You need a PCIe wifi Adapter not Mini PCI. Whats your budget and what router are you using?

I am using Eero B010011 router. My budget is flexible, the bluetooth is a nice plus but the only feature I'm really after is the 5Ghz band.
Thanks for your help!

Thanks!
I originally read the title as Wife PC Upgrade :)

I would recommend something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/PCIE-WiFi-Ca...37938&sprefix=tp-link+wifi+car,aps,152&sr=8-4

Inthrutheoutdoor

Reputable
BANNED
Feb 17, 2019
I would strongly suggest that you do NOT buy anything, wireless or otherwise, from TP link.... I have tried several of their products over the past 2 years and have been severely disappointed every single time.

I definitely recommend sticking with an Intel or Asus adapter. I am currently using several of each and have not had a single problem whatsoever....

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
I would strongly suggest that you do NOT buy anything, wireless or otherwise, from TP link.... I have tried several of their products over the past 2 years and have been severely disappointed every single time.

I definitely recommend sticking with an Intel or Asus adapter. I am currently using several of each and have not had a single problem whatsoever....
I’ve experienced quite the opposite. I’ve had a great experience with their products so far.