Question WiFi router best settings for avoid interference with my mouse

KaLaGio

Reputable
Dec 16, 2020
Hello guyz,
Can somewone help me to configure this sh**y router for best perfomance?

353861746_7053774444638738_3466247500823216799_n.jpg

I have Razer Deathadder V2 Pro wireless mouse and some settings are interfacing with this, other settings are useless, becase of weak signal. This router has Wireless Mode: 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11, 802.11b+g, 802.11n, 802.11g+n, 802.11b+g+n.
It has 13 channels and I don't know which combination of this two elements are best. Any suggest?

Solution
Technically, whether you select your mouse to use Bluetooth or "Razer HyperSpeed Wireless," it will interfere with every 2.4GHz channel you have access to. That's because those are both non-wifi and spread-spectrum, so will spread packets out throughout the entire frequency band and will cause collisions and retransmits no matter what channel you select.

Some routers have a selectable Bluetooth Coexistence mode which is supposed to allow wifi and Bluetooth to cooperate by negotiating which device can transmit at which times, but Bluetooth mice will simply ignore such requests because that would increase mouse latency.

Bluetooth 3.0 and later with HS can use the Bluetooth to only establish the link and then use wifi to perform the...
To some extent it depends on the country you are in there are small difference in the frequency that bluetooth runs on.

You mouse does not run wifi it runs bluetooth. The frequencies though overlap. Bluetooth pretty much overlap all the common channels people would use. If your router and end equipment support it channel 13 is not overlapped but that channel is not allowed in many countries.

Most the time it does not seem to cause much issue maybe because the mouse is such low bandwidth.

If you want to completley avoid it get even a slightly better router. Routers have been running on the 5g radio band for a long time now and the newest ones also run on 6g.

KaLaGio

Reputable
Dec 16, 2020
To some extent it depends on the country you are in there are small difference in the frequency that bluetooth runs on.

You mouse does not run wifi it runs bluetooth. The frequencies though overlap. Bluetooth pretty much overlap all the common channels people would use. If your router and end equipment support it channel 13 is not overlapped but that channel is not allowed in many countries.

Most the time it does not seem to cause much issue maybe because the mouse is such low bandwidth.

If you want to completley avoid it get even a slightly better router. Routers have been running on the 5g radio band for a long time now and the newest ones also run on 6g.
Should I change region undefined to my country? I don't see the reason of this.
But 13 channel is most effective than others, Thank you!

In some ways it is surprising to see a router than can still change the country/location. Different countries have different laws on what wifi radio bands can be used and the transmit power allowed. For example you are not allowed to use channel 13 in the USA.
Because people were using illegal settings government organization like the FCC and similar organization in other countries required router manufacture to prevent this.

The result is you see devices set at the factory to only function in certain countries and technically it is illegal to import these devices into other countries that have different rules. Running devices like this puts the burden on the user to not be violating their local laws and finding a devices that all support the same thing. Not having the choice makes it easier on the end user who is not your "hacker" type. I have no idea what changing the country will do. In theory it should mean you conform to the local laws where you live but it might not work as well.

Technically, whether you select your mouse to use Bluetooth or "Razer HyperSpeed Wireless," it will interfere with every 2.4GHz channel you have access to. That's because those are both non-wifi and spread-spectrum, so will spread packets out throughout the entire frequency band and will cause collisions and retransmits no matter what channel you select.

Some routers have a selectable Bluetooth Coexistence mode which is supposed to allow wifi and Bluetooth to cooperate by negotiating which device can transmit at which times, but Bluetooth mice will simply ignore such requests because that would increase mouse latency.

Bluetooth 3.0 and later with HS can use the Bluetooth to only establish the link and then use wifi to perform the data transfer, which would be better as all wifi stations have to respect wifi rules, but this is normally only done if a high data rate is required and mice generally do not require that.

It can also matter which USB port you plug the receiver into, as USB 3.0/3.1 Gen 1/3.2 Gen 1 operates at 2.5GHz which also interferes with 2.4GHz wifi, so if you only have such ports you'll want to use the most heavily shielded one (like one on the back panel instead of a front one attached via a long wire to a motherboard header, which will radiate RF out any side panel window). USB 2.0 doesn't have this problem, and neither does Superspeed+ 3.1 Gen 2/3.2 Gen 2 which operates at 5GHz so should only interfere with 5GHz wifi.

What can you do with the super limited settings available? You could try a 1/2 packet size Fragmentation Threshold of 824 to start, and perhaps even a 1/3 size 576--if there are a lot of collisions, reducing the packet size both improves the odds a packet will miss a collision and reduces the size of the packet that must be retransmitted if it turns out to be bad. Also, setting Guard interval to Long/800ns is supposed to be more reliable with interference but reduces theoretical data rate from 72.2 to 65Mbps per stream. Or switch to a wired mouse!

Solution

microtank

Commendable
Mar 26, 2021
You could reason the Beacon Level Intervals to maybe 800-850 ish. Kind why you want full understanding of the “advance” settings. But a lot of guys are right, Bluetooth does use 2.4, and unfortunately 5 ghz doesn’t have much range. Most of it depends where the router is, and the other part of it is understand how far each 802.12 protocols go and if they actually interfere with your neighbors. I highly suggest a ping monitor like metaping which ia free and a tool like accurate Netlimiter that accurate restricts bandwidth to certain applications. Cause a part of it is the machine and the other part is finding consistency, which is why a ping monitor is very useful. But if you’re using 2.4 ghz, most probable cause is Bluetooth interfering. With the proper tools on a machine you can restrict bandwidth and understand what is really causing you trouble wirelessly.