[SOLVED] Wifi won't let me stream on apps like Crunchyroll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2019
Problem: Wifi doesnt work when I use apps like Crunchroll to stream but when i turn off wifi and use my data it streams perfectly. My wifi works with youtube and other stuff but when I use it to stream etc, it doesnt work. When I run cruncyroll on my computer with bluestacks it works perfectly, so does this have something to do with my wifi and is there a solution to this? thank you.

Solution
I misunderstood I though you where having issues on the PC. It is still not a wifi issue it is some form of android issue. Not sure what you would need someone that does andoid apps. As long as you can run other things on wifi on the phone then the wifi itself is ok. Way to many setting that are hard to find on android, could be the app is not allowed to use wifi.
I have no knowledge of that program but then again neither does wifi. Wifi itself has no concept of IP addresses or ports. It just passes data between the mac address on your pc to the mac address on the router.

It almost has to be something with windows blocking it. Maybe the firewall settings are different for the wifi connection. Things are very restricted if the firewall thinks the network is a public network like a internet cafe.

Sep 24, 2019
I have no knowledge of that program but then again neither does wifi. Wifi itself has no concept of IP addresses or ports. It just passes data between the mac address on your pc to the mac address on the router.

It almost has to be something with windows blocking it. Maybe the firewall settings are different for the wifi connection. Things are very restricted if the firewall thinks the network is a public network like a internet cafe.

crunchyroll is an app on my phone. it is an anime streaming service. when i run an android emulator on my computer and run crunchyroll on there, it will load with no problem. when using it on the phone, and i turn off wifi, it also works but when i turn wifi on to watch it, it won't load any of the videos i want to watch. i dont think it is my windows cause this happens on my phone using the wifi

I misunderstood I though you where having issues on the PC. It is still not a wifi issue it is some form of android issue. Not sure what you would need someone that does andoid apps. As long as you can run other things on wifi on the phone then the wifi itself is ok. Way to many setting that are hard to find on android, could be the app is not allowed to use wifi.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.