Will 4570 bottleneck a 1080TI in 4K?

Yonany

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
I recently moved from FHD to 4K and wondered if i could save some $$ and upgrade only the GPU and not the whole system.

i know that CPU is less bounding at higher resolutions, especially at 4K.
but my PC is almost 4 years old now, so i dont know if the CPU will handle it.

My current PC specs are:
Intel i5 4570
Gigabyte B85M-DS3H
8GB (2x4GB) Crucial Balistix Sport DDR3 CL9 1600Mhz
MSI GTX770 2GB GAMING Twin Frozr
Corsair CX650M

Solution
I would try it and see. Most likely your CPU will be fine. But that depends a little on other factors too such as background tasks, the game being played and so on. Again trying the new video card in your old system before you buy a new system would be the simplest way to answer this for yourself.
I would try it and see. Most likely your CPU will be fine. But that depends a little on other factors too such as background tasks, the game being played and so on. Again trying the new video card in your old system before you buy a new system would be the simplest way to answer this for yourself.

Solution
FHD vs 4K is not an issue in regards to CPU. It is the performance of GPU and VRAM that will determine max resolution.
So what your CPU will have the same gaming performance at 1080p, 1440p or 4k.

Now with that said, cpu demanding games like BF1 will be held back by an i5 due to having less cores.

Yonany

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
as for right now, im playing mostly BF4,CSGO,Assetto Corsa and some indy games.
actually, the indy games that im playing are more CPU demanding than the AAA titles :)

The prices for every model vary up and down. Every card seems to be sold at a slightly different clock rate. I would pay attention to clock rate and consider how sensitive to fan sound you are.
Personally, I've mostly sworn off Asus due to several bad QA motherboards. For brands on video cards my bias is a little towards Zotac because they generally seem to offer slightly better clocks per buck without being too loud.
I have also found good values with MSI and gigabyte. Brand doesn't matter much. Performance and value do.