Question Will a GTX 1050Ti work in a Dell Inspiron 3670

Roseblackstom

Commendable
Jun 30, 2019
Hey all I not long got a Inspiron 3670 as a gift. My 10 year old PC was starting to show it's aged and someone got me a new PC for my birthday. Thinking it would work I took my 4 year old EVGA 600w PSU and GTX 970 out of my old PC and put them in the new. I got a 24pin to 8pin cable for the PSU. It work fine for the first 2 days but yetserday morning my 600w PSU give out. I'm not sure if it died because of the motherboard, the cable, or just it's aged. It was also running outside the case because it didn't fit in the case. So I was made to go back the 290w PSU and build in video card. Currently I can't play final fantasy XIV at all with this setup. My friends help me order a GTX 1050 Ti since it uses less power than the 970 I had. I was just wondering if I should be okay with the 290w PSU? I been reading I should be ok and userbenchmark.com said the 1050 Ti is compatible with the Inspiron 3670.

The specs of the Dell PC:
Intel i5 8400
12GB Ram
1tb HD
290w PSU

PS. Im on a extremely low budget and can't afford a new PSU till November or December. The only way I was able to get a 1050Ti was because I have some of the greatest friends in the world.

Roseblackstom

Commendable
Jun 30, 2019

DSzymborski

Titan
I don't see either of those. Chicony power company is what I see

More to the bad side than the good (most of the Dell power supplies I've run into over the years are Delta or AcBel). While you'll likely be fine with a 1050 Ti that doesn't require supplementary power, I would not let this system get out-of-warranty without a better PSU in there. A good PSU will last you a decade and it doesn't need to be some crazy $200 1000W Titanium or anything like that.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

Roseblackstom

Commendable
Jun 30, 2019
More to the bad side than the good (most of the Dell power supplies I've run into over the years are Delta or AcBel). While you'll likely be fine with a 1050 Ti that doesn't require supplementary power, I would not let this system get out-of-warranty without a better PSU in there. A good PSU will last you a decade and it doesn't need to be some crazy $200 1000W Titanium or anything like that.
I get that but in all honesty getting a new PSU right at this moment isn't a option for me. I been seeing a lot of ppl on Dell forms and other sites that a 1050Ti be fine in the system I have. Few said they haven't ran into issues with it. So for now I'm going to try this and get a $80 500w PSU later this year. My only concern with getting a new PSU is the fact this pc don't use a standard 24 pin connector. I still feel like the adapter I got or the motherboard may had cause my 600w to stop working. I'm not buying another Dell because of this change tbh.