[SOLVED] Will a rtx rog 3080 strix card fit with the NH-d15 noctua cooler with these specs?

Sep 5, 2020
Hello,

My setup is an i7 6700k CPU , motherboard asus z170 pro gaming , nhd15 cpu cooler , 32 gb ram corsair vengeance , nzxt phantom 410 case and the psu would be corsair hxi1000 .

My question is will a rtx rog 3080 strix card fit with the NH-d15 noctua cooler with these specs , so could it fit in the pci-e slot?

Thank you in advance with the help!

Best regards,

Gergely

Solution
Check the specs of the case again. I don't think the NH-d15 will interfere with the graphics card that is placed in the top PCIe slot....the thickness of the card will point down....away from the cooler. But I am not sure that you have enough clearance in terms of length. the card is 31.85 cm long but the case specs talk about max 28cm card clearance. I think it will fit if you remove the HD cage

mjbn1977

Distinguished
Check the specs of the case again. I don't think the NH-d15 will interfere with the graphics card that is placed in the top PCIe slot....the thickness of the card will point down....away from the cooler. But I am not sure that you have enough clearance in terms of length. the card is 31.85 cm long but the case specs talk about max 28cm card clearance. I think it will fit if you remove the HD cage

Last edited:
Solution
Sep 5, 2020
Thank you for the reply , im worrying about the top thickness of the card , that might interfere the cooler. I can remove the HD cage so the length is not a problem.

Hello,

My setup is an i7 6700k CPU , motherboard asus z170 pro gaming , nhd15 cpu cooler , 32 gb ram corsair vengeance , nzxt phantom 410 case and the psu would be corsair hxi1000 .

My question is will a rtx rog 3080 strix card fit with the NH-d15 noctua cooler with these specs , so could it fit in the pci-e slot?

Thank you in advance with the help!

Best regards,

Gergely
The NH-D15 is 165mm height, if you don't have to raise the front fan to clear Ram module heatsinks. If you do it will be even taller. Newegg lists the max cooler height for that NZXT case at 160mm.
https://www.newegg.com/white-nzxt-phantom-410-series-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811146087

nh_d15_clearance_2016.png

Last edited:

mjbn1977

Distinguished
The NH-D15 is 165mm height, if you don't have to raise the front fan to clear Ram module heatsinks. If you do it will be even taller. Newegg lists the max cooler height for that NZXT case at 160mm.
https://www.newegg.com/white-nzxt-phantom-410-series-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811146087

nh_d15_clearance_2016.png
Either way....it wouldn't interfere with the video card. He asked if the card will fit because of the cooler. He probably thought that the 3 slot thickness of the card would go towards the cooler direction, which it doesn't.