[SOLVED] Will I be able to build a working system with all of these components?

Nov 22, 2021
Solution
Thanks for the help : )
Is there a specific 3080 that is recommended by lots of people? Like as in the best?

Whatever you can get a hold of basically. Prices are climbing. Last I saw about $200 over original MSRP, and one some older models a $70-100 markup. Those are retail prices as well. Scalpers are still well over $1500 for a 3080, generally closer to 2k. Nicer models are around $100-200 more expensive in general as well.

3080 are desirable, particularly the non-LHR versions. 3080Ti are all LHR versions and can be had for about the same price most of the time.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Go to your motherboard link as posted and click the "support" at the top. In the next window CPU/Memory support are to the left of the banner. That will tell you what CPU are compatible and what BIOS revision is needed.

On the specific 3080 you are getting, click on its support page and should tell you what PSU is recommended, and or a Search Engine inquiry of "RTX3080 minimum PSU" should give you that info.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Thanks for the help : )
Is there a specific 3080 that is recommended by lots of people? Like as in the best?

Whatever you can get a hold of basically. Prices are climbing. Last I saw about $200 over original MSRP, and one some older models a $70-100 markup. Those are retail prices as well. Scalpers are still well over $1500 for a 3080, generally closer to 2k. Nicer models are around $100-200 more expensive in general as well.

3080 are desirable, particularly the non-LHR versions. 3080Ti are all LHR versions and can be had for about the same price most of the time.

Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That is overkill.

3080Ti stock is 350W, with momentary spikes ,under certain conditions, up to 500W.

You should stick with a 1000W power supply if you want leave some overhead and save yourself a lot. I am running a 3080Ti off an 850W supply with no issues (uses literally all the connections on it though, so no further PCIe powered devices for me)

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product...-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020201-na

Or if you still want platinum:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product...-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020139-na

Nov 22, 2021
Ah ok, thanks so much, I think that's all the questions I have for now xD. Thanks again for helping me! I shall look into and gather information on how much it'll all cost :)