Will it be ok for me to do this....

G

I missed intalling MB drivers when I reinstalled and now I am having some problems. Do you think it is ok to install them now or do I have to reinstall AGAIN.

Here is the Driver description.

Release Title: Chip Set: Intel 800 Series Integrated Chipset Driver, Multi OS, Multi Language, Dimension 8100, OptiPlex GX400, Precision PWS330, v. 2.50.003, A05
Release Date: 11/22/2000
Description: Intel 810 Chipset A05

Important Information
This should be the first driver loaded after loading the operating system. If this is not loaded your system will not function correctly.

It is found here:
http://support.dell.com/us/en/filelib/download/index.asp?fileid=R21688&sid=DIM_PNT_P4_8100&lang=EN&lib=27&os=WME&searchtype=filter

Thanks for the help.

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
to be on the safe side, I would reinstall you drivers only. This includes any sound card drivers, video card drivers and the like. Take all your devices out, except the graphics card, and set that cards drivers to use a standard PCI display device driver. Reload the MB drivers, then upgrade to the lastest drivers you have for the other devices. Once you do that, it should work.

If it works for you then don't fix it.

trak0r

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
I would get windows 2000, and that should solve your proplems.. :) But, if you cannot afford it, then do what he says.. reinstall all the drivers that came with your computer.