Thanasis247

Reputable
May 26, 2019
My planned system is :
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard: Asrock B450M Pro-4
GPU: RTX 2060
RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4-3000MHz (2x8)
Storage: 1TB HDD & 120GB
And I plan to get Corsair CX 450

Thanasis247

Reputable
May 26, 2019
stick with 1 thread
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard: Asrock B450M Pro-4
GPU: RTX 2060
RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4-3000MHz (2x8)
Storage: 1TB HDD & 120GB

My budget is 50 euros and my options are :
Corsair CX 450
Thermaltake Smart RGB 500
Xilence A+Series 530
Silvestone Strider Essential 500
Evga BR Bronze 500
Be Quiet! System Power 9 500

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Corsair CX 450
Xilence A+Series 530
Evga BR Bronze 500

Being as you're on a budget - of the last 3 I'd go the CX because it has a 5 year warranty. The be quiet is only 3 and the Xilence (I believe) is only 1.

Reactions: Thanasis247

Thanasis247

Reputable
May 26, 2019
Corsair CX 450
Xilence A+Series 530
Evga BR Bronze 500

Being as you're on a budget - of the last 3 I'd go the CX because it has a 5 year warranty. The be quiet is only 3 and the Xilence (I believe) is only 1.
It's actually my first option, will the Watt be enough tho?

IF, IF that CX is a gray label and not a green label CX, then that is the unit I'd choose above these others. The other platforms are all much older except for the Thermaltake RGB Smart series 500w and that unit is merely mediocre.

Better would be a 550w CX gray label unit, but 450w is plenty for an RTX 2060 IF the unit is of decent quality. These other options, are simply not as good. As a distant second, I'd probably take the System power 9 IF I absolutely had to. What country are you in that you are limited to these choices and is it because those are all that is available through local shops and you have to buy through local shops?

Usually there are a broader choices available for most EU countries if you are able to order online. Not always, but often. I'd prefer to see something from Seasonic, EVGA, Antec, Super Flower, newer FSP models or even some of the more recent Be Quiet units than that System power 9. Keep in mind as well, that many of these brands have BOTH good and not very good models, so model is the key deciding factor when it comes to any power supply.

Last edited:

Thanasis247

Reputable
May 26, 2019
IF, IF that CX is a gray label and not a green label CX, then that is the unit I'd choose above these others. The other platforms are all much older except for the Thermaltake RGB Smart series 500w and that unit is merely mediocre.

Better would be a 550w CX gray label unit, but 450w is plenty for an RTX 2060 IF the unit is of decent quality. These other options, are simply not as good. As a distant second, I'd probably take the System power 9 IF I absolutely had to. What country are you in that you are limited to these choices and is it because those are all that is available through local shops and you have to buy through local shops?

Usually there are a broader choices available for most EU countries if you are able to order online. Not always, but often. I'd prefer to see something from Seasonic, EVGA, Antec, Super Flower, newer FSP models or even some of the more recent Be Quiet units than that System power 9. Keep in mind as well, that many of these brands have BOTH good and not very good models, so model is the key deciding factor when it comes to any power supply.
It's Gainward's RTX 2060 Phoenix. I'm getting everything through a local shop and that' all they had that's within my budget and somewhat decent.

Recommended power for a system with an RTX 2060 is 500 watts. A stock 2060 can draw up to 160 watts. You might get away with 450 as your config. is pretty low power overall. PC Tailor has replied suggesting 3 of the 6 you listed and I agree, but the warranties kinda tell you the better ones.
If you can afford it, go for a CX500 or 550.

So, if the CX is a gray label unit from 2015 or newer, it's a decent enough unit. Not fantastic, but good enough for the price they generally sell for and much better than the older green label units that used inferior capacitor selection inside.

If it is a green label unit, then I'd take a pass on it and to be completely honest, I wouldn't much trust any of these others units either. After looking at reviews for the Xilence and System power 9, which are extremely limited and not done by any reputable review sites (Which alone tells you something as well) I'd unfortunately, and against my better judgement, maybe have to recommend the Smart series 500w unit because while that model isn't terrific either, I at least know that it has adequate protections, DC-DC conversion and a combination of capacitor selection that isn't purely chinese in origin.

8 pin plus slot power is only 225w. The rest of the system can't use more than another 150w since that is a 65w CPU, for a total of 375w. Factor in another 100w for headroom and you're at, at most, 475w, and that's being extremely conserative to the side of caution. A good 450w unit is plenty. Even based on the RealHardTechX testing for the FE models, only 450w was recommended. I'd agree that 500-550w is better, but if all you can get is a 450w gray label CX and you are not planning to overclock anything, it should be fine.

Don't try to do that with a green label unit.