[SOLVED] Will my standard Dell PSU (350w) fit into a Micro ATX case?

Jan 21, 2021
I am going to be getting a new Micro ATX case for my new Micro ATX motherboard. I was wondering if my normal Dell Power supply would work (as in the wires would route to the mother board ok without having to get a new powersupply.

Solution
No such thing as a 'normal' Dell anything. It's a Dell. Just about everything is proprietary, especially psus. They'll use off number mains, backwards wired fan ports, windows tied to the specific motherboard, all kinds of stuff. The psus are usually a non standard size, have different screw taps, plug connectors on other side etc.

So will it work? Total unknown. If it's close to standard ATX dimensions and has aftermarket wiring standards, then there's a good chance you'll not need adapters and it'll work. But if it's a TFX or similar proprietary psu, then no.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
No such thing as a 'normal' Dell anything. It's a Dell. Just about everything is proprietary, especially psus. They'll use off number mains, backwards wired fan ports, windows tied to the specific motherboard, all kinds of stuff. The psus are usually a non standard size, have different screw taps, plug connectors on other side etc.

So will it work? Total unknown. If it's close to standard ATX dimensions and has aftermarket wiring standards, then there's a good chance you'll not need adapters and it'll work. But if it's a TFX or similar proprietary psu, then no.

Solution