[SOLVED] Will The mic pick up sound from my open back headset?

Oct 12, 2019
I’m planning to get philips SHP9500 open back headset for 68$ but it doesn’t come with a microphone so I will get he neewer nw-800 for 20$ and I’m worried that the mic might pick up voice from the headset especially as it’s open back and the voice can get out of it easily. Is there any kind of algorithm that prevents this from happening or should I be worried? And if here is any better suggestions I would love to hear them
mic link: https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Professional-Broadcasting-Recording-Microphone/dp/B01HTMA69Q?th=1
headphone link : https://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHP9500S-Precision-Over-ear-Headphones/dp/B00ENMK1DW/ref=sr_1_1?crid=ICMG4UF864LE&keywords=shp9500&qid=1570885283&s=electronics&sprefix=Shp,electronics,299&sr=1-1

Solution
Most headphone mics are uni-directional, so generally will only pick up sound coming from one basic direction. Occasionally you'll get ambient sounds if it's strong enough to bounce off your face and hit the mic, this'll hapoen with open or closed earphones.

I use Steel Series Arctis 7, has a head mic. Happens to come with software that will tailor pickup volume for voice activation. Can set it to be sensitive enough to pick up my breathing, or dull enough to require forceful voice to activate.

There's settings in Windows sound settings that can do similar.
If that mic can pick up on the sounds coming out of your headphones then you are either, playing the sounds WAY too loud or have the mic way too close to your face.

You should be fine, just get a pop-filter on the mic and keep your volume at a moderate level.

Oct 12, 2019
If that mic can pick up on the sounds coming out of your headphones then you are either, playing the sounds WAY too loud or have the mic way too close to your face.

You should be fine, just get a pop-filter on the mic and keep your volume at a moderate level.
These are open back headphones so they will leak a very fair amount of sound and also something like explosions may be very high some times. Thats y I’m asking and I also read some threads saying that if the mic and headphones both connected to the same PC there is some kind algorithms that prevent the sound from being picked up by the mic

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Most headphone mics are uni-directional, so generally will only pick up sound coming from one basic direction. Occasionally you'll get ambient sounds if it's strong enough to bounce off your face and hit the mic, this'll hapoen with open or closed earphones.

I use Steel Series Arctis 7, has a head mic. Happens to come with software that will tailor pickup volume for voice activation. Can set it to be sensitive enough to pick up my breathing, or dull enough to require forceful voice to activate.

There's settings in Windows sound settings that can do similar.

Solution
These are open back headphones so they will leak a very fair amount of sound and also something like explosions may be very high some times. Thats y I’m asking and I also read some threads saying that if the mic and headphones both connected to the same PC there is some kind algorithms that prevent the sound from being picked up by the mic

Yeah some mics have a built in noise suppression and as @Karadjgne mentioned they are mostly unidirectional so it won't easily pick up on sounds coming from another direction.

As I said before too, get a pop-filter on it and it will down out popping sounds like explosions.