Question Will the RX 470 fit my Motherboard?

Feb 14, 2019
I want to buy the radeon rx 470 gaming gpu with the hewlett packard 1494, my cpu is i7 2600. Will it fit?

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
also just as important is whether or not the PC case has room for the specific RX470 you are looking to get.

But no, the power supply you currently have is only 320w. Not nearly enough for the GPU.

Also doesn't have external power cables for the GPU to begin with so that would've never worked anyways.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
The only thing you can put inside of your PC currently is a low profile GPU.
Meaning it only needs power from the PCIe slot on the motherboard and nothing else.

These cards are noticeable by the fact that they are usually small and only have a single fan on them, and don't have power cable connections on the corner.

Cards like the GTX 950, 1050, and select 1050Ti models are designed this way.

Anything else will require a beefier (and better quality) power supply.

Wolfshadw

Titan
The only thing you can put inside of your PC currently is a low profile GPU.
Meaning it only needs power from the PCIe slot on the motherboard and nothing else.

"Low-Profile" refers only to the physical height of the card and it's cooling solutions. Given it's smaller physical size and limited cooling, manufacturers can only use lower powered graphic processors which do not require extra power from the power supply. There are plenty of full sized graphic cards that do not require additional power from the power supply.

-Wolf sends

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
"Low-Profile" refers only to the physical height of the card and it's cooling solutions. Given it's smaller physical size and limited cooling, manufacturers can only use lower powered graphic processors which do not require extra power from the power supply. There are plenty of full sized graphic cards that do not require additional power from the power supply.

-Wolf sends

The OP also has a prebuilt mid tower, which to my knowledge is pretty limited on space inside, so would have to go with something smaller anyways just to make sure it fits.

Feb 14, 2019
The OP also has a prebuilt mid tower, which to my knowledge is pretty limited on space inside, so would have to go with something smaller anyways just to make sure it fits.
I'm going to buy a 500w power supply, i'm also changing my mind I want to buy the radeon rx 470 armor 4g oc, will it fit my pc, hewlett packard 1494 and i7-2600k, will it fit?

Feb 14, 2019

-Wolf sends
I'm going to buy a 500w power supply, i'm also changing my mind I want to buy the radeon rx 470 armor 4g oc, will it fit my pc, hewlett packard 1494 and i7-2600k, will it fit?

Feb 14, 2019

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
not a very low profile card. So no guarantee.
Only way to find out is to take a measuring tape to the inside of the case going from the back of the case where the card video ports will be and measuring along towards the front of the case until you run into extra metal and drive cages.
Then take note of the space and convert it into millimeters.

Then for any graphics card you look into buying, go to it's page on the manufacturer website and go to the specifications section and scroll down until you get to the dimensions and make sure it's not longer than the amount of space you have to put the card in.

Since it's a prebuilt machine with a proprietary and custom designed case, it's not easy to get specs for just the case and what GPU length it supports.

Feb 14, 2019
not a very low profile card. So no guarantee.
Only way to find out is to take a measuring tape to the inside of the case going from the back of the case where the card video ports will be and measuring along towards the front of the case until you run into extra metal and drive cages.
Then take note of the space and convert it into millimeters.

Then for any graphics card you look into buying, go to it's page on the manufacturer website and go to the specifications section and scroll down until you get to the dimensions and make sure it's not longer than the amount of space you have to put the card in.
i check everything it fits, but will it work with my pc?

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
And assuming you properly measured and it will fit, the answer is no, It won't work because of two things.

#1: Assuming the GPU inside some how magically has an 8pin connector for the GPU you listed, it doesn't have nearly enough wattage to support the card.

#2: Chances are it doesn't have an 8pin and there will be no way to power the card, but of course, even if it did, refer to my above statement.

So basically yes, the card should work once you buy a better power supply to put inside the case.

But be careful, because not all power supplies are made the same and as far as I can tell, that PC is kind of small, so it would be best to get an SFF (Small Form Factor) power supply.

And one of acceptable quality and has enough wattage for that GPU will cost you at least $50 USD if you live in the states.
Prices vary everywhere else.

Feb 14, 2019
And assuming you properly measured and it will fit, the answer is no, It won't work because of two things.

#1: Assuming the GPU inside some how magically has an 8pin connector for the GPU you listed, it doesn't have nearly enough wattage to support the card.

#2: Chances are it doesn't have an 8pin and there will be no way to power the card, but of course, even if it did, refer to my above statement.

So basically yes, the card should work once you buy a better power supply to put inside the case.

But be careful, because not all power supplies are made the same and as far as I can tell, that PC is kind of small, so it would be best to get an SFF (Small Form Factor) power supply.

And one of acceptable quality and has enough wattage for that GPU will cost you at least $50 USD if you live in the states.
Prices vary everywhere else.
I did fine a small power supply, the same size i have right now, so the gpu should work fine right?

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
can't say yes or no since I don't know what power supply it is.

Like I said, they are not all created equal. There are a lot of power supplies out there (including the one's that come in pre built systems like yours) that are garbage and will either die at best, or die and kill your PC components with it.
In some cases they even catch on fire.

So without knowing what PSU you found in order to know it's quality, I cannot say yes or no to that question.