Question Will these components work well together?

cemo95

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2015
Hey guys this is the build I am thinking about, can someone with experience tell me if they would function well together.

-3070ti Gigabyte 3x
-Ryzen 7 5800x
-MSI MAG Coreliquid b240 2x120mm
-MSI B550 Gaming Plus (I guess you have to do BIOS update first for the CPU I am thinking about)
-NZXT C650 Gold (or do I need the 750W version?)
-MSI MAG FORGE 100R (from what I can tell this will be enough but wanted to be safe)

Yay or nay?

Thanks in advance!

Required System Power (W) (4)

I think you should get PSU 750W to be on safe side there some people have 50W power less PSU and it still works, But wont trust having 100W less power because be worrying all the time also with the motherboard you need bios update and not sure if you need to have current CPU that supports motherboard in order to do bios update for your new CPU before plugging it in!. Would try and get current motherboard that dose support your CPU without having to update bios! AMD Ryzen 7 5800X processor with 3070ti will work good make sure you have good ram 16GB-32GB and with good cooler! Also you could save up abit more and get 4070TI

Last edited:
Reactions: cemo95

cemo95

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2015

Required System Power (W) (4)

I think you should get PSU 750W to be on safe side there some people have 50W power less PSU and it still works, But wont trust having 100W less power because be worrying all the time also with the motherboard you need bios update and not sure if you need to have current CPU that supports motherboard in order to do bios update for your new CPU before plugging it in!. Would try and get current motherboard that dose support your CPU without having to update bios! AMD Ryzen 7 5800X processor with 3070ti will work good make sure you have good ram 16GB-32GB and with good cooler! Also you could save up abit more and get 4070TI
Thanks for the fast reply. Yeah you are right after investing that much on a new build might as well go for the safer option because PSUs have longer life than other components as far as I can tell. And yeah right now I have 16gb RAM but was thinking about getting the Kingston Fury 32 GB to be future proof.

For the cooler I am thinking about the MSI one (liquid cooling) but if you have special suggestion I might take a look at that. I know next to nothing about liquid cooling apart from the fact that many of my friends cant recommend it enough but some of the options seem excessively expensive.

I couldnt quite follow you on the BIOS update though, you mean I should install my current CPU on it and then update it before plugging in the new one?

Thanks for the fast reply. Yeah you are right after investing that much on a new build might as well go for the safer option because PSUs have longer life than other components as far as I can tell. And yeah right now I have 16gb RAM but was thinking about getting the Kingston Fury 32 GB to be future proof.

For the cooler I am thinking about the MSI one (liquid cooling) but if you have special suggestion I might take a look at that. I know next to nothing about liquid cooling apart from the fact that many of my friends cant recommend it enough but some of the options seem excessively expensive.

I couldnt quite follow you on the BIOS update though, you mean I should install my current CPU on it and then update it before plugging in the new one?

I think you need to have an Current CPU that works with the motherboard already to update the bios so that the new CPU can play on that motherboard!

Hey guys this is the build I am thinking about, can someone with experience tell me if they would function well together.

-3070ti Gigabyte 3x
-Ryzen 7 5800x
-MSI MAG Coreliquid b240 2x120mm
-MSI B550 Gaming Plus (I guess you have to do BIOS update first for the CPU I am thinking about)
-NZXT C650 Gold (or do I need the 750W version?)
-MSI MAG FORGE 100R (from what I can tell this will be enough but wanted to be safe)

Yay or nay?

Thanks in advance!

If the board is new it should not need a BIOS update. The box will state if it is ready for the 5000 series, if not you could ask the retailer to update it prior to purchase.