[SOLVED] Will these parts be compatible for my new build?

Jan 10, 2019
Hello, I'm currently looking for parts to put together the rest of my new PC. I currently already have my new GPU and PSU, and just need a CPU, Case, Mobo, and RAM. So with my budget of around $250-$290 USD, I chose the following parts:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4
Case: Cougar MX330 Mid-Tower
RAM: 1x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 @ 2400MHz.

These parts will eventually be paired with a Powercolor Red Dragon RX 570 and a 550W Non-Modular Corsair PSU.
So my question is will all these parts work together? I really don't want to end up having to RMA a part and end up waiting longer. Thank you very much!

Solution
They are compatible, no problem.

What exact model Corsair PSU is it?

What are you plans for RAM upgrades? If you're planning on going to 16GB at some point, you're much better off just getting the 2x8GB now.

Presumably you have storage drives?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

What are you plans for RAM upgrades? If you're planning on going to 16GB at some point, you're much better off just getting the 2x8GB now.

Solution
Jan 10, 2019

Thank you for the quick response. It's a run-of-the-mill CX550 80 Plus Bronze. Non-Modular so cable management is gonna be fun but it should be fine. And yeah I do plan on upgrading to 16GB in the future but due to my tight budget, the parts I have already max it out, so I can only afford the single 8GB stick. And yes I have two hard drives, a 500GB WD Blue and 1TB WD Green(Green for pictures, files, backups, etc. Blue for everything else).

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
And yeah I do plan on upgrading to 16GB in the future
Just remember RAM modules are only guaranteed in the form sold (from the same pack), regardless as to whether they are the exact same make / model / timings. So if you plan on adding another 8GB later, it's a gamble as to whether they will work with your original ones. It's always best practice to buy a whole new pack when upgrading RAM. Just something to be wary of.

That and you won't regret an upgrade to an SSD!