Question Will this monitor be supported by my GPU or is it too much ?

Jan 22, 2024
Hi again, since my last post I have been collecting all parts to build my pc but i have decided to change the monitor to the KOONUI 27E3SQKS (KOORUI 27 Inch Gaming Monitor - 240Hz QHD
(2560x1440) Computer Monitor, AdaptiveSync, Fast IPS
1ms MPRT, DCI-P3 90%, HDR10 Monitor, Eyes Care,Tilt
Adjustab le, DisplayPort HDMI, VESA - 27E3QKS) but I don't know if my gpu (Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX
5700 XT 8 GB Video Card) will be able to handle it. Can someone help me pls

Jan 22, 2024
How do you measure "handle it"? Your GPU will definitely perform well with this display, but you will have to tweak games/apps for optimal use.
Im sorry this is still my first build.
And by handle it, I meant will the gpu be able to perform well without it overheating or stuff like that. And by tweaking games does that mean I have to lower the performance to accommodate the monitor and gpu or can I have it at (or above) recommended graphics the game requires ?

Always look at resolution FIRST. The higher it is, the more GPU horsepower you need. A good 1440p GPU is in the 7800XT/4070 and up range. Your card is better suited to 1080p. If you wish to run at 1440p your going to need a lot more GPU.

Jan 22, 2024
Always look at resolution FIRST. The higher it is, the more GPU horsepower you need. A good 1440p GPU is in the 7800XT/4070 and up range. Your card is better suited to 1080p. If you wish to run at 1440p your going to need a lot more GPU.
Well i had already bought the video card and cant refund it, so would it still suffice or is it a definite need to replace the GPU before i buy the monitor or do I need to choose a different monitor. I really want his one because of the resolution and high refresh rate but if my GPU cant keep up with the monitor then I would like to know before I order the monitor.

Edit: So I'm looking for monitors to accommodate my GPU since i cant refund it, what would be the best resolution and refresh rate, like 1920x1080p 165-180Hz ?

Last edited: