Will this PSU work with gtx 260 SLI

chuubaka

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2006
none of these PSU that u guys are posting say that they are certified for the gtx 260 sli. the ~750 watt power supplies will say certified for 8800 ultra or lower and some say 9800x2 sli certified or lower. Does that really matter?

Is the 260 gtx/ 280 gtx more power hungry than the 9800 series cards?

Thx

Silverion77

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
They totally overate those cards when they do the certification. U need to use available power supply calculators, all of which show lower than what Nvidia certifies

invisik

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2008
Here is an example look at my sig. it has the specs of my rig.
if you notice im running a quad @ 3.2ghz and 2 gtx260 in sli oc with only a 500w. i maybe pushing it too much on my psu. that is why i am recommending 600+watts.

I have to agree with the others. I do not recommend buying either of the two psu's you listed. I have been using Corsair power supplies and have not experienced any problems of any kind. They are high quality units.

Manufacturers do not always keep up with their lists of approved items. The lists do not mean that an item will not work with the manufacturer's product. Technology moves at a fast pace and there are newer, better, improved items being introduced all the time. Motherboards and approved lists of RAM are a prime example. Not only are new mobo's being introduced at an unusually fast pace but there are literally too many RAM variations for all of them to be tested. There must be thousands of possible combinations. Video cards are another example.

Good Luck!