Will this system bottle neck ?

RhinoTV

Reputable
Mar 2, 2017
Hey

So i bought a ryzen 2700x and realized that its bottle necking with my gpu. So i was looking at this. https://ie.pcpartpicker.com/list/kRWMFt. If i got this would it still be bottle necking? Just don't want to downgrade it from what i had (I7 4790K)

RhinoTV

Reputable
Mar 2, 2017
I have the msi 970. 1920X1080.

I made the pc this morning and when i went to play fortnite i wasn't getting anything near enough to what i got before on my old build (asus z-97k, i7 4790k). Maybe its the fact that its not being cooled right (Check other forum) or its the fact that only 8gb of ram are in it currently ?

RhinoTV

Reputable
Mar 2, 2017
I have the msi 970. 1920X1080.

I made the pc this morning and when i went to play fortnite i wasn't getting anything near enough to what i got before on my old build (asus z-97k, i7 4790k). Maybe its the fact that its not being cooled right (Check other forum) or its the fact that only 8gb of ram are in it currently ? Why you say thats not the bottle neck?

InvalidError

Titan
All systems bottleneck even if you have all the fastest components in the world, all overclocked to world record levels.

The real question is whether or not the parts you pick push the bottleneck beyond the performance targets that matter to you for your intended uses. GPU-wise, lowering details to achieve the desired performance on slower GPUs is an option if you don't mind trading eye-candy for smoother performance without having to pay more for a more powerful GPU.

RhinoTV

Reputable
Mar 2, 2017
What I don't understand is i was getting better performance with the i7 4790k which i had before than the ryzen now. What do I do about that?

quotemsg=21102932,0,125865]All systems bottleneck even if you have all the fastest components in the world, all overclocked to world record levels.

The real question is whether or not the parts you pick push the bottleneck beyond the performance targets that matter to you for your intended uses. GPU-wise, lowering details to achieve the desired performance on slower GPUs is an option if you don't mind trading eye-candy for smoother performance without having to pay more for a more powerful GPU.[/quotemsg]

RhinoTV

Reputable
Mar 2, 2017
No i never did a fresh install of windows but it had that activate thing in the corner. Yes to all the other questions too :)

COLGeek

Cybernaut

This is likely part of the problem. A fresh install of Windows should have been part of your upgrade process.

RhinoTV

Reputable
Mar 2, 2017
Never even knew to do this. How can I do this without losing any of my data?

*EDIT : Is this what I should follow ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldqFdcGL1X0

InvalidError

Titan

While AMD has come a long way with Ryzen, Intel's i5/i7 still have stronger single/light-threaded performance, so you may be getting slightly less performance in some workloads and games due to that.

Also, as others mentioned above, if you didn't clean-install Windows, you may have conflicting leftovers hindering performance. A re-install may be a good idea.

RhinoTV

Reputable
Mar 2, 2017
I installed a new windows through the link i sent you. Still no difference. Any other ideas or what could be wrong?