[SOLVED] win 7 fail to load after changing Mobo

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
hi, i moved the HDD to a older build...
now the OS wont load due to driver failure...
win 7
reinstall OS as fresh is not an option for me...

system reset after win loading screen, and ask for lunch repair mode, and that option didn't help ...
i tried using win 7 disk and use upgrade option, but it ask me to lunch the disk while i'm in windows (unlike win 10)

before choosing the install option , there is a repair options which act like the previous one and do nothing but showing an error (bad drivers)

i tried to enter safe mode by pressing f8 but since the motherboard is asus, it bring boot menu (dvd ,hdd )

any help to fix this is appreciated

Solution
D
Nope you’ve been told what your options are. Your option is wipe the drive and reinstall windows and that’s it nothing else can be done

Mariusglock

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
Win7 unlike win10 doesnt like motherboard changes, if i remember correct, you need chipset drivers, and since you cant boot to windows to install them, you will have to use MS-DOS usb, to install them.

Last edited:
Reactions: .valkyrie.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
hi, i moved the HDD to a older build...
now the OS wont load due to driver failure...
win 7
reinstall OS as fresh is not an option for me...

system reset after win loading screen, and ask for lunch repair mode, and that option didn't help ...
i tried using win 7 disk and use upgrade option, but it ask me to lunch the disk while i'm in windows (unlike win 10)

before choosing the install option , there is a repair options which act like the previous one and do nothing but showing an error (bad drivers)

i tried to enter safe mode by pressing f8 but since the motherboard is asus, it bring boot menu (dvd ,hdd )

any help to fix this is appreciated

Probably the best idea would be to analyze why installing Windows properly isn't an option for you and resolving that issue. Outside of one very specific version, Windows is not designed to be modular in this manner. Windows 10 does a better job dealing with improper installs than in the past, but it's still a poor practice. On older versions of Windows, failing to install Windows properly is far more difficult a problem.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
Try pressing F8 or shift (or alt) + F8 just after post and bios boot options screen.

If you can get into safe mode you might be able to save this by uninstalling drivers and running scf /scannow in cmd.
f8 alone , brings motherboard boot menu...so i guess i should try other way, thanks for that, i hope it does

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
Probably the best idea would be to analyze why installing Windows properly isn't an option for you and resolving that issue. Outside of one very specific version, Windows is not designed to be modular in this manner. Windows 10 does a better job dealing with improper installs than in the past, but it's still a poor practice. On older versions of Windows, failing to install Windows properly is far more difficult a problem.
b.c its an office pc and there are some outdated app that don't work on win 10... also i dont have access to setup to reinstall on fresh OS

mrb00ce

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
If you have any important data in your HDD then connect your primary HDD to a secondary PC or use a friends PC and then boot into a secondary HDD and copy all the important files that you need from the primary HDD and then reinstall windows 7 again that is the only way to save your files now.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
somehow i managed to fix it ny changing ACHI in motherboard....i can get to windows but less than a min, i get Blue screen and reset....
safe mode is fine...

i tried to use upgrade from Windows disk, but i get error , upgrade is not available in safe mode...
right now i am using scannow command...

i think those old driver from other chip causing this, so any idea how to remove them since i see new drivers only ,on my Dv manager?

error:
0000008e (..?)

asio.sys....

Last edited:

mrb00ce

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
somehow i managed to fix it ny changing ACHI in motherboard....i can get to windows but less than a min, i get Blue screen and reset....
safe mode is fine...

i tried to use upgrade from Windows disk, but i get error , upgrade is not available in safe mode...

i think those old driver from other chip causing this, so any idea how to remove them since i see new drivers only ,on my Dv manager?

error:
0000008e (..?)

asio.sys....
I still recommend just reinstalling windows. Just backup your files, and format your C drive, your copy of windows is now corrupt.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Manually removing old drivers is incredibly difficult in the best possible scenario. Without even knowing the exact hardware in question, it's a real nightmare for even the most technically savvy.

I wish you the best of luck, but at this point, I see the only scenarios with a realistic chance of success are:

• Wipe the drive with a fresh OS install and find other things that are compatible with what I'm assuming are 32-bit software packages that won't run in a virtual window. Some details here would be very helpful
  • Put the hard drive back into the older hardware
  • Finding out what the old hardware is and tracking down and buying the identical equipment used.

Just slapping in an old install like this, given the lack of success already, strikes me as improbable. Better to pull off the Band-Aid now; it's a really incompetent company to require the use of an archaic, supported operating system and it's not like the situation is going to improve.

Mariusglock

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
safe mode is fine...

error:
0000008e (..?)

asio.sys....
have you tried the tutorial link i posted for u? to install the correct chipset drivers

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
have you tried the tutorial link i posted for u? to install the correct chipset drivers

i was able to get to safe mode, windows installed all the drivers by it self.....

also windows can boot in normal way as well.... but i get BSOD after 30 scc or less... if i had enough time, i could use a upgrade setting in windows 7 disk i got... but this option only works in full mode and i got only 30 scc!
sfc/scannow shows no error...
uninstall intel HD driver... and realtek audio driver (mentioned somewhere that it may cause a problem)

so , is there anything i can do to fix this issue in safe mode?

Mariusglock

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
i was able to get to safe mode, windows installed all the drivers by it self.....

also windows can boot in normal way as well.... but i get BSOD after 30 scc or less... if i had enough time, i could use a upgrade setting in windows 7 disk i got... but this option only works in full mode and i got only 30 scc!
sfc/scannow shows no error...
uninstall intel HD driver... and realtek audio driver (mentioned somewhere that it may cause a problem)

so , is there anything i can do to fix this issue in safe mode?

1. Try changing boot setting to UEFI instead of AHCI, could do the trick

2.What do you mean windows installed all drivers by it self? You should install them mannually from a USB stick. Scannow command probably just verified all the old drivers and assumed its all in order ( I would guess)

Last edited:

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
1. Try changing boot setting to UEFI instead of AHCI, could do the trick

2.What do you mean windows installed all drivers by it self? You should install them mannually from a USB stick. Scannow command probably just verified all the old drivers and assumed its all in order ( I would guess)
1.therea are 3 option there, (OFF . and when i turn it on , i can chose btw IDE and AHCI....
1st two, option, causes system to reset after windows loading screen... also fail to load safe mode... AHCI, let me to have full safe mode and a BSOD in normal eay after 30 scc)

2.like when i got to safe mode, for 1st time, i opened Device manager and i had like 15 yellow question marks... and a notification near windows watch that <new device found> ....
but system found them 1 by 1 and after like 2 min , there was no more Yellow Q.M...

i was googling and found some 3rd party app that can remove devices that is no longer in use.... also there is a way to enable this way , on registry of windows it self.... do u think doing so , let me remove previous Chipset and other drivers from other system? or its just for USB flash storage and stuff like this? i dont have access to that pc untill tomorrow, thats why i'm asking....

check it please

Last edited: