[SOLVED] [Windows 10] C Drive running out of space. How to replace?

lucas_c

Reputable
Nov 23, 2017
Hi, as the title suggests, my I'm running out of space in my 100gb hard drive. Everything keeps downloading/saving to there even though I've changed the settings to save to my D drive. How can I make it so that everything is properly directed to my D drive, or how can I safely replace my C drive for a better one?

I'm willing to clarify anything that needs to be clarified. Thank you for the help!

Jave10

Commendable
Apr 15, 2020
Many programs automatically use your C drive, so that's completely normal. You should purchase a new HDD or SSD with more storage first. Hard drives offer super cheap storage now, so if you have about $50 to spend you can get about 2 terabytes. After you have a new drive and you've mounted and formatted it (if you need help with that than I'll be glad to help) you can download some software to clone the drive. I recommend Macrium Reflect. Heretically, it's as simple as clicking clone and selecting your drives, but there are a few errors you could run into. Someone else on the thread posted a great video if you need help with that. Let me know if you need any more help, and best of luck!