unioxe

Reputable
Apr 25, 2018
Hi,

Everytime I'm openning a software or a game, my Windows Defender detects several threats (5 to 10 files on every opening). Of course, I have a virus, but when I start an analysis, everytings is a threats. So, what should I do ? I need your help, please 😀

Thank you very much !

Solution
he doesn't mean replacing the drive, he means clean install windows 10

Is this WIn 10 Educational version? I am not sure if the way below is right way to get windows again, you may need to contact your school.

If its not Edu version -

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

is there anything on PC you want to save? I would copy it to a USB drive as we can scan it later to make sure its clean before putting it back on the PC. Items such as documents etc can be saved this way.

Once you ready to reisntall windows 10 again,
  1. boot from installer
  2. follow this guide...

USAFRet

Titan
Hi,

Everytime I'm openning a software or a game, my Windows Defender detects several threats (5 to 10 files on every opening). Of course, I have a virus, but when I start an analysis, everytings is a threats. So, what should I do ? I need your help, please 😀

Thank you very much !
Maybe it is time to go nuclear and start over with a clean drive.

Then, analyze where your software comes from.

unioxe

Reputable
Apr 25, 2018
Hi,

Wow, thank you for the very fast responses ! It's with every software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Kepler III, etc, it's free when you are a student to my school and I have dowloaded it from my school website. The game is from Steam, so everything is supposed to be are protected.

My SSD have only 8 months so I would like to keep it, if it's possible.

Colif

Win 11 Master
he doesn't mean replacing the drive, he means clean install windows 10

Is this WIn 10 Educational version? I am not sure if the way below is right way to get windows again, you may need to contact your school.

If its not Edu version -

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

is there anything on PC you want to save? I would copy it to a USB drive as we can scan it later to make sure its clean before putting it back on the PC. Items such as documents etc can be saved this way.

Once you ready to reisntall windows 10 again,
  1. boot from installer
  2. follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Solution