[SOLVED] Windows 10 fast startup doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2020
When my fast startup is enabled my PC boots into a blackscreen. When it is turned off it boots normal. How can I make fast startup work?

Solution
When my fast startup is enabled my PC boots into a blackscreen. When it is turned off it boots normal. How can I make fast startup work?
update drivers on pc.
What are specs of the PC? If its really old it could be the drivers you can use aren't designed for win 10.
If its fairly new, you should be able to get newer drivers for most hardware.
Try GPU drivers

Colif

Win 11 Master
update drivers on pc.
What are specs of the PC? If its really old it could be the drivers you can use aren't designed for win 10.
Try GPU drivers

Solution
May 12, 2020
I checked everything and updated everything. It works now. But it already happened a few times that it was working for one day and then it booted into a blackscreen again. But for now everything is fine thank you very much. If something changes I will write again. Thank you.

May 12, 2020
update drivers on pc.
Try GPU drivers

Hey, it is happening again and I don't know why everything is updated so I don't what the reason is. I hope you can help me.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are the details of your PC?

So turn fast startup off while we figure it out, since you don't get blank screens then.

Can you download and run driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html
all it does is shows what drivers are on PC - it won't install any
When you run it, can you go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, this will make listing shorter

Can you take a screenshot showing from (and including) Driver name to (and including) Creation date

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here.
I will see if there is any obvious problems.

May 12, 2020
what are the details of your PC?

So turn fast startup off while we figure it out, since you don't get blank screens then.

Can you download and run driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html
all it does is shows what drivers are on PC - it won't install any
When you run it, can you go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, this will make listing shorter

Can you take a screenshot showing from (and including) Driver name to (and including) Creation date

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here.
I will see if there is any obvious problems.

Is there any other way? Maybe you can tell me what I have to look out for. I am not very comfortable with sharing infos I hope you can understand that. But I can tell you the specs of my PC. I have a RTX 2060, Ryzen 5 3600x, be quiet 600 Watt PS, 2x8 Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 970 EVO Plus, Seagate Barracuda HDD and a MSI B450 Tomahawk Max. I hope that helps a little.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sure, all I would be doing is comparing the dates or driver numbers on your PC against the motherboard website or internet to see when the drivers are from and if there are newer ones.

the cause is likely to be an old driver.
there will be 3 dump files in listing, those are Microsoft files, not sure why it always includes them.

If you unsure of any drivers, just give me the names :)

May 12, 2020
Sure, all I would be doing is comparing the dates or driver numbers on your PC against the motherboard website or internet to see when the drivers are from and if there are newer ones.

the cause is likely to be an old driver.
there will be 3 dump files in listing, those are Microsoft files, not sure why it always includes them.

If you unsure of any drivers, just give me the names :)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hJHQx690LYwmPk84zIhYNn9aevLmB1X3/view?usp=sharing

Colif

Win 11 Master
i hate it when it has no dates

AMD GPIO Driver(s) - Feb 2020
I expect all the AMD board drivers are okay
Avast is probably up to date
dump files are part of windows, it always shows them for some reason
ene.sys is part of rgb, it has no driver numbers
Nvidia - May drivers
Realtek LAN drivers dated 2019. Newest here - https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software
Razer. I can't actually tell as the driver numbers don't show in google.
Scarlet crush - either 2013 or 2015. These can cause BSOD though i doubt it would cause this
Virtual Gamepad Emulation Bus Driver is dated 2016 - you appear to have newest - https://www.pconlife.com/viewfileinfo/vigembus-sys/

Only one of those I would blame for blank screens is Nvidia. but only as its Graphics driver, not as its old.

what GPU do you have?
have you looked in Reliability history to see if any errors showing on the days you get blank screens?

May 12, 2020
i hate it when it has no dates

AMD GPIO Driver(s) - Feb 2020
I expect all the AMD board drivers are okay
Avast is probably up to date
dump files are part of windows, it always shows them for some reason
ene.sys is part of rgb, it has no driver numbers
Nvidia - May drivers
Realtek LAN drivers dated 2019. Newest here - https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software
Razer. I can't actually tell as the driver numbers don't show in google.
Scarlet crush - either 2013 or 2015. These can cause BSOD though i doubt it would cause this
Virtual Gamepad Emulation Bus Driver is dated 2016 - you appear to have newest - https://www.pconlife.com/viewfileinfo/vigembus-sys/

Only one of those I would blame for blank screens is Nvidia. but only as its Graphics driver, not as its old.

what GPU do you have?
have you looked in Reliability history to see if any errors showing on the days you get blank screens?

I have a RTX 2060 Gigabyte edition. What do you think could be the problem?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is there any old hardware you plug into PC?

None of that is old enough to suggest you have problems at start up.

Fast startup is only really helpful for PC with hdd as boot drives, not for PC with SSD or NVME as they load so fast they shouldn't need it.

Do you have the newest BIOS?

May 12, 2020
Is there any old hardware you plug into PC?

None of that is old enough to suggest you have problems at start up.

Fast startup is only really helpful for PC with hdd as boot drives, not for PC with SSD or NVME as they load so fast they shouldn't need it.

Do you have the newest BIOS?
The oldest thing plugged into PC are my speakers. How do I see if I have the newest drivers?

Colif

Win 11 Master
is the blank screen at startup or after you log into windows?
I had a problem with speakers causing blank screens at startup as PC was waiting for them to respond and most of time they didn't. I may have been running fast startup at time as it was 5 years ago.

Only answer then was new speakers. They were 15 years old, I was sad.

May 12, 2020
is the blank screen at startup or after you log into windows?
I had a problem with speakers causing blank screens at startup as PC was waiting for them to respond and most of time they didn't. I may have been running fast startup at time as it was 5 years ago.

Only answer then was new speakers. They were 15 years old, I was sad.
Well I start my PC. Then my Monitor says DP No Signal. Then it boots yk this thing where this circle starts to spin. And then it shows a black screen and says DP No Signal again and then goes completely black.

Colif

Win 11 Master
What Power supply do you have?

The monitor isn't getting a signal from the GPU, that is what is happening. And it turns off once it has waited a while.
It does come on to show bios but then switches off again.
No problems with USB doing the same?

That is different to what I got.

May 12, 2020
What Power supply do you have?

The monitor isn't getting a signal from the GPU, that is what is happening. And it turns off once it has waited a while.
It does come on to show bios but then switches off again.
No problems with USB doing the same?

That is different to what I got.

I have a be quiet Pure Power 11 600w

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you tried starting up without speakers attached?

can you check your PSU scores in BIOS - or in the BIOS to check the +3.3V, +5V, and +12V. - https://www.lifewire.com/power-supply-voltage-tolerances-2624583
PSU model is from 2018 so does support win 10 power modes.

So if you start pc without fast startup on, the PC has to start everything afresh, and screen starts as normal and works
If you start PC with fast startup on, the PC already has half its drivers loaded and only has to load a few things. But in your PC the screen goes off.

Something doesn't like the win 10 power modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.