[SOLVED] Windows 10 Install Failed PC No Longer Boots

Dec 4, 2020
Just finished my new pc build and everything was working great. I could boot into bios and both of my SSDS I just installed were working. I went to install windows 10 from a usb and windows asked me what drive do I want to install windows on, I didn’t know which was which as both where 1 tb. So I quit the windows install and powered off pc. I unplugged the sata connection from my 860 evo than turned my pc back on. Everything worked and I got to boot onto the windows 10 usb again. Everything was smooth until windows asked to reset my pc. My pc reset and my screen was just black. I waited a long time maybe 10-15 minutes nothing happened. At that point I restarted my pc manually and I now stuck with the issue I have now. I can turn on my pc and I can visibly see every part turn on and get power, but my monitor has no signal and is just black. Just mind you, it was working perfectly fine before the windows 10 install asked for a restart. I’m not sure what to do does anyone have any ideas.

things I have tried: reseating gpu, one ram stick (tried with both sticks), attempting to clear cmos through jumper pins. Check every power connection, check modular psu cables.
Unsure what to do next.

Solution
Yes windows asked my pc to restart it restarted and now my pc won’t show any output. I assumed it was the windows 10 download messing up my pc as it was working fine up until that moment. It seems like it’s a software issue that caused a hardware issue I guess this isn’t really the right form.
A failed OS install can't break the hardware.

Power off
Disconnect ALL storage devices. USB, SSD, HDD....
Power Up

What happens?

USAFRet

Titan
START OVER
Complete new OS install.

Read through this, then do exactly what it says...

Reactions: Pytheus
Dec 4, 2020
START OVER
Complete new OS install.

Read through this, then do exactly what it says...
This would be helpful except I cannot even get into my bios nor can I get any monitor output. This isn’t really useful no offense.

Dec 4, 2020
This would be helpful except I cannot even get into my bios nor can I get any monitor output. This isn’t really useful no offense.
I possibly posted this in the wrong form I was just assuming this was a software issue as a moment ago by pc was working fine. Just until windows asked for a reset

Dec 4, 2020
So just powering up gives NO image on the screen?
That has nothing to do with a failed Windows install.
Yes windows asked my pc to restart it restarted and now my pc won’t show any output. I assumed it was the windows 10 download messing up my pc as it was working fine up until that moment. It seems like it’s a software issue that caused a hardware issue I guess this isn’t really the right form.

USAFRet

Titan
A failed OS install can't break the hardware.

Power off
Disconnect ALL storage devices. USB, SSD, HDD....
Power Up

What happens?

Solution
Dec 4, 2020
Well I found my issue I took out the display port cable from my monitor and it was bent really badly. Never buying a cheap monitor cable again lol. It must have broke in the middle of the restart making if appear something just randomly happened to my hardware. Sorry for coming off as hostile in the beginning you had some good advice!

Dec 4, 2020
Well I found my issue I took out the display port cable from my monitor and it was bent really badly. Never buying a cheap monitor cable again lol. It must have broke in the middle of the restart making if appear something just randomly happened to my hardware. Sorry for coming off as hostile in the beginning you had some good advice!
Never thought I’d see the cable right in front of me though should’ve checked the simple ***

Last edited by a moderator: