Question Windows 10 installation not showing up disks

Sir Friksy

Commendable
Jul 29, 2021
I am currently STUCK on Linux Ubuntu for 2 days trying to install Windows 10 on my computer. I have no problem flashing the image into the usb drive, but when I get to actually install windows it says that there's no HDD driver to install.
I've seen a lot of videos saying to open CMD by ALT+F10 and clean the disk and making it primary, already did and nothing.

Note: I've tried installing others Windows OS like Windows 8.1 (same problem), Windows 7(PC doesn't recognize my keyboard and mouse in the installation process making it impossible to install).

PC specs:
Rx580 8gb Shappire
Ryzen 5 3600
2x8gb ram HyperX
Motherboard B450 Aorus M
SSD Kingston 240gb (which where Linux Ubuntu 20.04 LTS is installed)
2x1 TB Hard Drive.
PSU EVGA 600W.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2021
I had a similar issue as well (no disk drive detected after inputting the CD Key) from what I gathered, the disk drive has to be wiped up clean. I just bought a new ssd and it detected so you might want to try it out with another disk drive.

Windows is very fussy about the installation process and gets upset if you have more than one drive, the target installation drive, connected. It also likes the target drive to be identified as a gpt drive and have nothing else on it other than the gpt marker.

TRENDING THREADS