[SOLVED] Windows 10 installation.

10-David

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017
Ok so I wanted to reinstall windows and downloaded the windows media tool, installed it on my usb flash drive and booted from it. So far so good. I selected my drive and it said you can’t installed it the because its a GPT drive, tried both drives. For some stupid reason I decided to format it and erase my windows 10 which was usable. Now how do I convert my drive from GPT to UEFI from the BIOS if possible? I have a Gigabyte motherboard.

Solution
There's no such thing as converting to "UEFI". UEFI literally is BIOS 2.0. You can use something like Hiren's Boot on either CD or USB, which contains several hard disk tools, which also lets you convert hard drives. Note that you have to convert from GPT to MBR. And that you'll need Windows to download and burn Hiren's Boot to CD or making a bootable USB drive.
There's no such thing as converting to "UEFI". UEFI literally is BIOS 2.0. You can use something like Hiren's Boot on either CD or USB, which contains several hard disk tools, which also lets you convert hard drives. Note that you have to convert from GPT to MBR. And that you'll need Windows to download and burn Hiren's Boot to CD or making a bootable USB drive.

Solution