Totish

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
Alright, so basically I bought a new laptop Asus X540U. Im not really familiar with computer booting but I really need everything explained because I tried everything I could. When I was at the shop, they said that the Windows 10 drivers must be installed. They gave me a disk but the laptop doesn't have a slot for it. It only supports USBs. I need to know what I should do, I suppose the installation files for Win 10 are in the disk, aren't they? When I turn on the laptop it says "Reboot and select proper boot device". I know how to open the BIOS menu but everything the youtube or forum guides say are already done on the laptop. I don't know what to do. Am I supposed to copy and paste the files in a USB?

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
If you have a brand new laptop that's doing this, and you haven't been poking around in UEFI/BIOS, then return it.

There is no reason, none, that a brand new machine should not boot straight out of the box (provided it had an OS on it to begin with).

Reactions: Totish

Totish

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
Thank you all for the support, but is it okay if I give it to a sibling of mine who understands more about computers and is skilled with installing an OS? Obviously that wouldn't be a problem but Im just worried if something goes wrong.

Totish

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
Take it back to the shop and make them do it.

When you walk out, it should be fully functional.
(should have been that way to begin with, yet here we are)
I suppose the shop workers don't do their job right. One of them just put the laptop and the disk in the box and gave it to me. He said the drivers must be installed and that was it. I was confused at first because I was expecting the Windows 10 OS to be installed but most of the workers stood there and did literally nothing. Asking for help wasn't a good idea as well because they just sent me straight to the cache desk.

Totish

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
I come back to my original advice: Return the device for refund.

If this is the kind of customer service you're receiving at this particular shop then it's time to take your business elsewhere.
Will do, I got disappointed anyway. Thank you for the advice. I wasn't expecting it to come to this.

TRENDING THREADS