Question Windows 10 is blocking my printer IP

frigingoon

Prominent
Jul 31, 2018
Somehow and im not sure where windows 10 is blocking my printer IP. i can boot fedora on the same system and goto the printer's web control host but when i try in windows its blocked. This is really driving me up the wall. Please someone smarter than I pop a solution into my box.

Ralston18

Titan
Dual boot system then - correct?

Does the printer have an assigned static IP that is reserved for the printer via the printer's MAC?

Make and model printer? Wired or wireless connection?

About the blocking: no error codes, pop-up windows, beeps, LED changes anywhere etc..?

Will any other windows computers (if any) print when your computer is being blocked?

Open Windows 10 and check Reliability History/Manager and Event Viewer. Hopefully there will be some error code or warning there to be found that corresponds to the blocking.

frigingoon

Prominent
Jul 31, 2018
Dual boot system then - correct? correct.

Does the printer have an assigned static IP that is reserved for the printer via the printer's MAC? static ip from both the router and the printer settings. 192.168.0.48

Make and model printer? Wired or wireless connection? Dell Laser h625cdw - wireless

About the blocking: no error codes, pop-up windows, beeps, LED changes anywhere etc..? no error codes no pop-up windows no beeps or led changes.. the webpage just comes up on the dual boot but not the windows partition.

Will any other windows computers (if any) print when your computer is being blocked? yes all the pc's including both wired and wireless connections have no troubles getting to the printer anytime.

Open Windows 10 and check Reliability History/Manager and Event Viewer. Hopefully there will be some error code or warning there to be found that corresponds to the blocking.

https://nofile.io/f/HQxckZ3BXCP/03-04-19.evtx - i didnt see anything in particular but here is my event viewer save file maybe you can comb through it and see something.

frigingoon

Prominent
Jul 31, 2018
I bit the bullet today and updated the IP address for my printer to see if i could bypass maybe an ip ban in the firewall... it did not work still no connection to the printer at all.. SOMETHING has to give.

frigingoon

Prominent
Jul 31, 2018
No response. I'm doing a full clean install right now. If I reproduce the problem with the new install I'll post here otherwise it's a closed topic unfortunately.

frigingoon

Prominent
Jul 31, 2018
Well a couple weeks into new install and poof its doing it again. I dont have SMB2/3 and the IP is not blocked by windows firewall but it is being blocked by something the only ONLY thing i have installed this time that does anything with the network is windows firewall and nordvpn but nord is not running.. the other 3 computers in the network see the printer fine this one just wont see it.