[SOLVED] Windows 10 keeps saying operating could not be load, the kernel is missing or contains errors

alexander0hamilton

Reputable
Aug 12, 2018
The error code for this was 0xc0000221. I've re-installed window 10 multiple times, even wiping my hard drive entirely, but after a while I keep getting this error.

Solution
Better to have 4 sticks of ram that are the same than to use 2 different sets that fight over what speed PC should run at and can cause BSOD due to timing issues.
If you want more ram, often its best to buy the amount you want and replace the current sticks. No one likes that idea though, so they hope it works fine. It can get expensive doing that if the new sticks don't play well with old ones. Better to just buy new and not risk - helps to check ram actually works in motherbaord/cpu combo before buying it as well. if you want 32gb of ram, buy 32gb. don't just buy 16gb more and hope it works

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you keep having boot errors, I would look at your boot drive as possible cause since it keeps corrupting windows.

Are you still using 2 sets of ram that reset the timings? Perhaps only use one set and see if that helps (reference link)
As mismatched ram can cause errors. And corruption

I only know that as I went through recent posts looking for specs.
CPU - 2700X
the rest is a mystery. Found a build from Aug but have to assume that didn't happen?

alexander0hamilton

Reputable
Aug 12, 2018
if you keep having boot errors, I would look at your boot drive as possible cause since it keeps corrupting windows.

Are you still using 2 sets of ram that reset the timings? Perhaps only use one set and see if that helps (reference link)
As mismatched ram can cause errors. And corruption

I only know that as I went through recent posts looking for specs.
CPU - 2700X
the rest is a mystery. Found a build from Aug but have to assume that didn't happen?

My full specs are

CPU: 2700x
RAM: 2x8GB 3200mhz and 2x8GB 3200mhz. They were bought separately
MOBO: MSI b450 tomahawk
GPU: GTX 1660 ti
STORAGE: crucial mx500 500GB and 1TB HDD. the Crucial being my boot drive

Colif

Win 11 Master
I think this has tests for the drive - https://www.crucial.com/support/storage-executive
problem with many ssd tests is they just see the speed, not the health

I doubt its the hdd but what brand is it? Might as well test it as it could be cause.

2x different sets could be cause of corruption as well.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the errors. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

alexander0hamilton

Reputable
Aug 12, 2018
I think this has tests for the drive - https://www.crucial.com/support/storage-executive
problem with many ssd tests is they just see the speed, not the health

I doubt its the hdd but what brand is it? Might as well test it as it could be cause.

2x different sets could be cause of corruption as well.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the errors. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it
I ran the memory test and there were no errors with all the ram. I think it's because there being 2 different installed ram because whenever I had all of them installed, it would occasionally reset its speed to 2133. Also, after I removed the two different ram, I don't think I got any blue screens yet.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Better to have 4 sticks of ram that are the same than to use 2 different sets that fight over what speed PC should run at and can cause BSOD due to timing issues.
If you want more ram, often its best to buy the amount you want and replace the current sticks. No one likes that idea though, so they hope it works fine. It can get expensive doing that if the new sticks don't play well with old ones. Better to just buy new and not risk - helps to check ram actually works in motherbaord/cpu combo before buying it as well. if you want 32gb of ram, buy 32gb. don't just buy 16gb more and hope it works

Solution