Question Windows 10 laptop can connect to hotspot but not to internet (normal wifi)

CryingLegend

Distinguished
May 16, 2014
My old HP Probook 6450b suddenly stopped having internet. It is connected to the router but it says "No Internet, Secured". The router and wifi is fine because all of my other devices work fine. I tried using the hotspot on my phone to share 4G and that worked fine. I'm not sure what to do, things I've tried:

• Troubleshooting with built in program in windows 10
  • Forgetting the network and reconnecting
  • Checked that the wifi card is plugged in correctly
  • And the classic, turn off and back on.

All help is appreciated!!

My old HP Probook 6450b suddenly stopped having internet. It is connected to the router but it says "No Internet, Secured". The router and wifi is fine because all of my other devices work fine. I tried using the hotspot on my phone to share 4G and that worked fine. I'm not sure what to do, things I've tried:

• Troubleshooting with built in program in windows 10
  • Forgetting the network and reconnecting
  • Checked that the wifi card is plugged in correctly
  • And the classic, turn off and back on.
All help is appreciated!!
does turn off and back on include the router? does the router have any security like Access Control or MAC binding that might have forgotten your laptop has permission to connect to the internet? Does you router have a list of connected devices? Are all the network settings normal including Proxy?

CryingLegend

Distinguished
May 16, 2014
does turn off and back on include the router? does the router have any security like Access Control or MAC binding that might have forgotten your laptop has permission to connect to the internet? Does you router have a list of connected devices? Are all the network settings normal including Proxy?

Yes turned on and off the router.
I'm not sure about the router questions. It's a "normal" router. Any device can connect to it with the password.

CryingLegend

Distinguished
May 16, 2014
Then I'd say it's most likely the router. You'll probably have to login to whatever you use to set your router permissions and make sure your laptop is a trusted device.

Hi, I managed to solve the problem. It was my driver that was bad. I had to revert back to an older version of the wireless adapter driver. I wrote more specific which drivers etc here: Solved: Re: Connected to WiFi but no Internet - HP Support Community - 8414945

Thanks a lot for the help!

Reactions: dwd999